16 May 2013

TT Life-Changer: Vital Protein

Once again, my life is going to be divided into two parts - BEFORE Vital Greens and AFTER Vital Greens. And had I not been the author of this blog, I could have quite possibly gone through life never trying/buying Vital Greens or Vital Protein (oh the horror!). I'd always seen it mentioned/advertised on Sarah Wilson's (ah-MAY-zing) blog, but always thought it was just another green powder and didn't really give it another thought.

Then a few weeks ago, they sent a few of their products over to TT HQ. THIS IS WHEN MY LIFE CHANGED PEOPLE (and just to make it clear, I am/was under no obligation to blog about it, but when things are this awesome, you will always read about them here). Right. Let's move on.

(above) Try this for your next green smoothie 2 mandarins, 1 lime, mint, celery, kale (just a little), 2t chia seeds, 2t Vital Greens, 1t coconut oil, water, ice. Blend until smooth. Crazy-awesome-good.

I've been a bit excited by the delicious, pineapple-y taste the Vital Greens Powder
(Miranda Kerr's Mum Therese is a fan) has brought to my green smoothies. More recently, I have been adding it to my morning lemon water and... YUM. And PS It's not a Multivitamin. It's a Multinutrient. It was developed by two Sydney based Naturopaths in 2000. I can confidently say that the Vital Protein Powder (not to be confused with the Vital Greens Powder) will always be in my life. I'm working my way through Vanilla (so good I rushed out and bought a second container of it yesterday!), Chocolate, Green Coffee (NEW!) or original (unflavoured).

 (above) Scenes from my yesterday, also starring Jerome Dreyfuss (Johan bag), Bassike (yes I got a lovely gift voucher for Mother's Day) and some "fancy" (it says so on the packet) dried apricots.

Personally, I love that Vital Protein Powder is a 100% natural, no nasties source of protein. Pure vegetable plant protein, and bonus points for being (wait for it) gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, soy free, alkaline (pH of 7.5), low GI, Vegan, low carb and even kosher. 


I always add a huge tablespoon or two of Vanilla Powder or Green Coffee Powder (it's decaffeinated using a chemical-free process) to my new favourite TT SUPER SMOOTHIE - this one's a cracker (recipe below) and makes for brilliantly satisfying post-workout fuel.


(Serves 1)
1 ripe banana
small handful raw cashews 

1 heaped tablespoon Vital Protein Powder
1/2t vanilla paste
2 dates
1/2-1 cup water

Blend everything until smooth then chuck in half a tray of ice and blend again until smooth. Top with hemp hearts/bee pollen/goji berries etc etc (optional). 



PS If you'd like a free sample of the new Decaffeinated Green Coffee Vital Protein, click here!

Click to shop Vital Greens, Vital Protein & Vital Kids online or click to find a Vital Greens Stockist near you

UPDATE: International Tonic-ettes - Chemist Warehouse is one of the only online stockists of Vital Greens/Vital Protein that ships Internationally (and they're the cheapest!). Click here to shop! 

And I'd love to hear from you to know what you think of it. How do you use your Vital Protein Powder? PPS I'm going to give you my special pancake recipe soon. Four ingredients and OH. MY. GOD. Watch this space.
 

4 comments:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment
    is added I get several e-mails with the same comment.

    Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Appreciate it!

    my website :: Quantrim Usage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I read your blogs on a regular basis. Your story-telling style
    is witty, keep doing what you're doing!

    My web page: resting metabolic rate calculator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, after reading this awesome paragraph i
    am also happy to share my familiarity here with friends.


    my web-site; facial bleacher product

    ReplyDelete
  4. When interacting with your youngster, consider the opportunity present an interest
    and inquire questions. Search for automotive accounting software on the
    Internet and you'll find many out there but most of
    them are not suited for a franchised dealer's needs,
    hence the need for choosing the right program.

    The very first ages stir up strollers certainly a well-liked stroller with numerous many people.


    Also visit my web blog - top eleven hack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop