29 April 2013

Our house: A (we-have-a-library!) renovation update!

I can appreciate that "after" pictures like these mean very little without a "before" shot, but guess what? WE DON'T HAVE ANY!!! Aaaargh. Take those before shots, people! To give you an idea, the fourth bedroom, as it was previously used, is the one we're talking about. Only it's now a library! PS It's the blue one in the image below (taken the day we got the keys):
SO. I thought it was time I gave you an "our house" update, so here goes.
(above) Ta-daaa! A wider opening, some beautiful joinery, sanded back floors...
(above) A vintage pendant light, sourced by Mr Tonic (an Architect) for a house he was working on a year ago (they didn't end up using it!)...
(above) The blue chairs have a new home!
(above) Just need a killer artwork for this wall now...
(above) Mr Tonic had the joinery done by Swagman Joinery and they did a brilliant job (and were so lovely to deal with)!
(above) How good does that look!
(above) The vintage ashtray we bought years ago at the monthly markets in Berry finally gets its day in the sun.
Phewf! Hat's off to Mr Tonic who, last night, worked out that he has been singlehandedly renovating our last 2 houses for 8 years straight. I know. The floor got oiled on the weekend as well, so we're officially another room down! PS Mr Tonic has since started building a log fireplace in the living room.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

PPS You may like to catch up on our progress so far:

2 comments:

  1. I'm no longer sure the place you're getting your info,
    but great topic. I must spend a while learning more or figuring out more.
    Thank you for wonderful info I used to be in search of
    this information for my mission.

    My website :: fading cream for dark spots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog quite often and I truly appreciate your information.
    This great article has truly peaked my interest. I'm going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new information about once per week. I opted in for your RSS feed too.

    my homepage :: fade cream for liver spots

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop