29 November 2011

A day in the life: 29.11.11

The weekend: Sunday involved a beach, two Mini-Tonics and a bestie (aka the brains behind DAN300). I constantly pinch myself, as we live just a 5 minute walk (if that) from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world... At around 7.30am every Sunday morning, I walk-slash-run 8 laps of it, before jumping into the ocean pool at the South end. Yes. The best things in life are free, people!

I'm wearing: Bassike dress (buy it here) - mine is a Large, Dior sunglasses, gold Jennifer Zeuner necklace from Eclektica (buy it here), cap from Raised by Wolves.

The hot gloss: Or should I say, thee hot gloss. Remember Clinique Black Honey? Yeah? Anyone? Well that just-eaten-berries shade of lip perfection circa 1990 is now get-able in the form of Lanolips "Mulberry" Lip Ointment. I've been wearing it on my morning beach walk-slash-runs. It has just enough colour, without being tooooo much for exercising in. Trust me, this one is a ripper! PS Don't forget to check out the Lanolips blog - TT made it onto their Christmas Gift Guide! Eeeek!


The tea-towel-triumph: Hats of to My Hunter Gatherer for this eye-catching piece of marketing genius (how hot does our el-cheapo oven look?!):


The salad: Cannelini beans, yellow capsicum, toasted pine nuts, capers, lemon zest, garlic. Dress with a dash of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon!


The gift: Tomorrow, Mr Tonic and I will have been married for nine years. NINE. How that is even possible, I have no idea. Feels more like... four. Alright, five max. And I have to show you what my parents bought us (hands up who worships Dinosaur Designs). Isn't she special? Thanks Mum and Dad!


The (under $25) online purchase: No sooner was I on the What's for dinner mum Facebook page, than I had ordered a set of Tovolo Star Pop Moulds from The Little Cook! Chucked a mango, some strawberries and a banana in the Vitamix, tipped it in the moulds, 4 hours later... healthy treats for nagging offspring! Admittedly, they all broke in half as we pulled the lids off but hey, we're working on our "formula"...


The recipe club: How cool is this - Australian Good Taste have formed an online "Heirloom Recipes Club" as a place for you and me to share our Christmas family recipes! But it’s also a site to house all types of family recipes, so you can share yours and keep those precious recipes alive. So, gather your beloved family recipes, snap a few pictures and upload them to the site. Oh, and then read all about it in December Australian Good Taste mag (below)!

Photography: Andrew Lehmann/Australian Good Taste.

The deal: You all know how much I love Simplicite anything, and from now until 11th December, when you buy any two Simplicite products (at selected Myer stores around Australia) you'll receive a third free (same or lesser value than the lower priced item)! How good is that?! And PS If you're looking for a killer body moisturizer? Consider it found!


The sale: All good things must come to an end, including tabletonic.com.au's storewide sale. The good news? You still have until tomorrow night to colour your world (and save 25% in the process)! Click to shop!

18 comments:

  1. Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your submit is just spectacular and i could assume
    you are an expert on this subject. Well along with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with coming near near post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.


    Feel free to surf to my web page reverse osmosis filtration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always emailed this blog post page to all
    my friends, for the reason that if like to read it after that my friends will
    too.

    my site holiday gift ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not even know the way I ended up right here, but I believed this submit was once
    great. I don't realize who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if
    you aren't already. Cheers!

    Also visit my web-site :: Omega Juicer

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this time it seems like Movable Type is the preferred blogging platform out
    there right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?



    My blog; tv buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist
    with Search Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good success.
    If you know of any please share. Cheers!

    My webpage; breville juice fountain

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to
    give a contribution & help different users like its helped me.

    Good job.

    Here is my homepage; jack la lane power juicer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to
    my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell
    to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside
    and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!


    Here is my web-site :: juice fasting recipes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there mates, its great post regarding
    teachingand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... http://my.houselectrozik.com/profile/frederiche

    ReplyDelete
  9. A motivating discussion is worth comment. There's no doubt that that you ought to write more on this issue, it may not be a taboo matter but typically folks don't
    speak about such subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!


    Feel free to visit my website ... omega juicers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this web page provides quality based content and additional stuff, is there any other site which gives
    such stuff in quality?

    My webpage :: magnetized flashlights

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your way of telling the whole thing in this article is truly fastidious, every one can simply understand it, Thanks a lot.



    my web blog :: juice recipes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

    Here is my blog: www.dimensioncero.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is among the most vital information for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

    My site; hottest gift ideas

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's remarkable for me to have a web site, which is good designed for my know-how. thanks admin

    My web page ... http://lotro-pedia.de/index.php?title=Looking_For_The_Finest_Decorating_Tips_For_Your_Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right here is the right website for anyone who would like to find out about this topic.
    You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I
    actually would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh
    spin on a topic which has been discussed for many years.
    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

    Also visit my webpage ... juice extractors

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! I know this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.
    Does managing a well-established blog like yours take a massive amount work?
    I am brand new to running a blog however I do write in my journal
    on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!

    Take a look at my blog :: amourevens.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my web site so i got
    here to return the prefer?.I'm attempting to to find things to enhance my website!I guess its good enough to make use of some of your ideas!!

    Here is my web blog ... water vacuum on tv

    ReplyDelete
  18. Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with after that you can write or else it is difficult to
    write.

    Check out my site - reverse osmosis filtration

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop