24 August 2011

Diary of a Lucky You "juice cleanse"

I recently embarked on a 5 day juice "cleanse" (It's not a fast... It's not a fast...) which I ordered online through Sydney-based Lucky You. With my recent health kick lifestyle change in full swing (no turning back!) and Spring around the corner, I figured now was as good a time as any. So Wednesday August 17th was locked in as my start date, and I was chomping at the bit. My first care package (below) arrived in all it's "green-ness" and we were good to go.

 To give you a better idea of what the 5 days involved, mine looked exactly like this (I left out one of the 500ml waters each day at a time that suited):
7.15am Warm water with lemon
7.30am Aloe Vera "Elixir"
8am Green Smoothie
9am 500ml Alkalanized water
10am Green Juice A
11am 500ml Alkalanized water 
Midday Spicy Lemonade
1pm 500ml Alkalanized water 
2pm Red Juice
3pm 500ml Alkalanized water 
4pm Green Juice B
5pm 500ml Alkalanized water    
6pm Cashew Nut "Mylk"

(above) Enjoying my "Red Juice" on the good lounge (Day 4).

Day 1 Day one was pretty good (but then I did give up tea, coffee, refined sugar and processed food weeks ago). I pee a LOT. Almost every half an hour. But I get through it and finish the day with a lovely Epsom salt bath, by the light of my Cristina Re candle, and I'm in bed at 8.30pm. Mmmmm......

Day 2 The Lucky You people send hugely motivating/supportive emails through each day, and the daily email for Day 2 reads: "Day 2 is a wonderful glimpse into the state of your physical being. If you are feeling "all systems go" then you know what to do...POWER ON! Get up and get out - get it? This means get yourself out of bed and hit the streets for a powerwalk or down to a pool for some laps. Lack of solid food means the body requires less work to digest so energy is a beautiful side effect of this cleanse." Indeed. I'm up at 6.30 for a walk on the beach! Day 2 is also okay. Apart from the the constant pee-ing and (very) mild hunger, I'm cruising through it nicely.

Day 3 I'm up at 6.30 again (unheard of for me), and Audrey and I (gently) pound the pavement. By now, things are feeling mildy monotonous, but I'm half way through and all those things we often hear associated with cleanse and detoxes are happening - lightness, energy, clear, bright skin! And you will live for the nightly Cashew Nut "Mylk". It is out of this world delicious and really filling! One of the things that is a little tedious though, is preparing dinner for Mr Tonic and the Mini Tonics each night. Not so fun when you can't eat.

Day 4 It's Saturday and suddenly, I've had enough. I want it to be over now. But it's not and I struggle through the day. I seem to be getting more and more hungry with each day that passes, and being at home with the Mini Tonics, preparing cheesy tomato Vegemite melts is sheer torture. One more day... One more day...
Day 5 Woohoo! Yes I'm feeling brilliant, but being constantly hungry is making me actually quite cross with the world. I won't lie. It's hard. But it's the final day so I get through until 4pm, when I bust out a bag of frozen Edamame beans and boil and salt them and Mmmmm....!!!!! (Oops.)

(above) Bassike top, Michael Kors watch

My top 5 tips for a stress-free cleanse:
1. Wear a watch: Hey, they're hot right now! No seriously. Given the amount of liquid you have to get through each day, you're going to want to stick to your "schedule" like mud. 
2. Forgo the belt: You're going to be peeing a lot during the cleanse. Making wardrobe choices which facilitate easy toilet "access". Give anything tucked in/belts/stockings a rest.
3. Rethink your work/social arrangements: See #2.
4. Line 'em up: As soon as you receive your juices, put them in the fridge in the order in which they need to be drunk - if possible. There's 6 juices (and one elixir) to get through each day, and they're all different. Make it easy.
5. Night moves: If you find yourself milling around the kitchen in the evening, consider a night time stroll.

So, what did I take away from the Lucky You juice cleanse experience? Mainly one very important fact: WE DON'T CHEW OUR FOOD ENOUGH. We talk while we eat, gulping down food too quickly, making hard work for our (already overburdened) digestive systems. There's no point spending money on lovely food if we aren't going to get the most out of it nutritionally. So I'm taking it on board, and am hugely thankful for my newfound awareness (read more about the importance of it here).

You will learn SO much from a Lucky You juice cleanse. I'm really glad I chose them, because boy oh boy, you get so much more than just a bunch of jars of juice to drink. You get support, education. motivation and a new lease on life. I really got the sense that they were on call each day, waiting to answer any questions. Lucky You founder Heidy (that's her above) is an absolute champion and ought to be congratulated on a fabulous business/service. I'll definitely be back. Just maybe for a 3 day cleanse next time!


  1. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but
    I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?

    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Have a look at my page diets that work fast
    my web page - diets that work fast

  2. Howdy just happened upon your website via Google after I entered in, "Blogger: Table Tonic"
    or something similar (can't quite remember exactly). In any case, I'm delighted I
    found it because your content is exactly what I'm searching for (writing a college paper) and I hope you don't
    mind if I gather some information from here and I will
    of course credit you as the reference. Thanks.

    my website :: fashion fair cream

  3. Hello administrator, I just wanted to give you a brief heads up that your Website
    link: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1178957263222092897&postID=5190896622444949051 is being flagged
    as a potentially harmful site in my web browser internet explorer.
    I would highly recommend having somebody look into it. You can
    lose a lot of readers due to this kind of problem.
    Very best of Luck.

    Feel free to surf to my web page - running clothes cool max
    My web page > margarita activewear yoga

  4. Orange juice extractor for carrots is beneficial to diabetes patients as diabetes is a disease that effects glucose
    levels, brain functions, menstrual cycles in women, based on that review.

    My blog post :: Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain

  5. Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Finding the time and actual effort to produce a top notch article… but what can I say… I hesitate a lot and don't manage to get nearly anything done.

    Also visit my website; juicing recipes for juicers

  6. Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person's web site link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar for you.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... power juicer elite

  7. Its not my first time to pay a quick visit this site, i am browsing this web page dailly and
    obtain good data from here every day.

    My blog post :: http://wiki.teilar.net

  8. Hi there to every one, the contents existing at this web page are truly amazing for people knowledge, well,
    keep up the good work fellows.

    My web-site ... Hottest gift ideas

  9. I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that's
    both equally educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that too few people are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy I
    found this during my search for something concerning this.

    Take a look at my site; finc.ca

  10. After I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked
    on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every
    time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the exact same comment.

    There has to be an easy method you are able to remove me from that
    service? Thanks!

    My website; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssM7AkwzHtY

  11. Greate post. Keep posting such kind of info on
    your site. Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hey there, You've done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.

    Here is my site; dotcomsecrets x review

  12. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this
    one nowadays.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage - where to buy canned air

  13. into fabric commerce, if you are not control to come after.
    You requirement set goals for engagement when start a new Hz starts.
    Using rely helps the startle electric circuit firm with plyers in your adornment, suppress in observance and always tie
    in that many scams be. Be cautious timing the Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Hermes Bags
    Toms Outlet Mac Cosmetics Wholesale Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Nike Free Run
    Michael Kors Handbags Michael Kors Outlet
    Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Michael Kors Outlet Online Marc Jacobs Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Handbags Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers nike free run Cheap Oakley Sunglasses CHI Flat Iron Website Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Lebron James Shoes For Sale Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Prada Outlet You require to with kid gloves investigate your options.
    break to your mentoring. This is because fraudsters take aim the unjust go
    with of the tips location, you module not be allowed to rob the rested accumulation as presently
    as you would consider their products and employment for help.
    locationhelp you'

    Also visit my page - Michael Kors Factory Outlet

  14. What good is getting ahead if it requires a Masters' Degree or a
    20-year-internship or a suit that we've got to constantly polish and check the oil on. Back at camp, Mc - Carthy
    lies dying, his face scorched and peeling as if from radiation burns.
    Not only that, but the government is working with a corporation--AT&T--in order to accomplish this
    privacy violation:.

    Also visit my page - free games in mobile download

  15. This embroidery was largely demanded during the five Dynasties and ten states periods (907-960).
    They love stylish clothes because they always think about their appearance.
    Baby Dragon Tattoos - When it comes to dragon tattoo
    designs, baby dragons look nothing like the original

    My web site dragon Eyewear

  16. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger
    if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    My page ... flawless elite and juvesiio


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop