26 August 2011

A day in the life: 25.08.11

This was how today panned out - A positively glorious winter day here in Sydney prompted me to fling open all the doors and windows (bonus points: it's good feng shui apparently). It was the first time we've had the bifold windows open since last summer, hence the motivation to photograph it as evidence (below). Mr Tonic has finished painting all the trim in the dining room in Dulux Vivid White (high gloss) and its looking fresh-as. In other renovation news, we have ordered the new ballustrade for the deck (something a little more sympathetic to the modernist era). Stay tuned.

I'm having such a love affair with Kale right now. I shred it and usually toss it for 30 seconds in a very hot pan with half a tablespoon of organic coconut oil and celtic sea salt. Ditto mushrooms (toss frequently for 5 mins). Add a boiled egg and half an avo with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice (and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper), and you've got a cracker of a breakfast! Very, very good.

As I took my last blissful mouthful, the following text message conversation took place:

Mel is one of my dearest friends (she was one of my bridesmaids), so having her in Sydney and all to myself was way too good to pass up, despite the Table Tonic-ness that was quietly demanding my attention. So off to The Armchair it was! They make a killer (milky) Chai tea, served in a beautiful cast iron tea pot with a dish of honey and a dish of cinnamon. It comes to the table on a wooden board. We sat out front in the sun and laughed at our matching Oroton Cubic Zirconia earrings as we soaked up the Vitamin D. Gorgeous!

I once read Bill Granger describing how he gets his kids to eat veggies - He serves them up at the start of the meal. Separately. When the kids are hungry! Genius. So recently, I've begun thrusting a colourful cup or bowl of carrot/capsicum sticks or green beans into the kids hands as they watch a bit of telly just before dinner. And wow. It works a treat.

My current reading - Thoroughly enjoying Breakthrough "Life-Altering Secrets From Today's Cutting Edge Doctors" by Suzanne Somers. Buy it here.

Packing TT Ikat cushion orders a couple of days ago...

And to finish it off, Mr Tonic has the man flu. There is much moaning and groaning. And coughing. Lucky for dogs - A man-flu's best friend. Onya Audrey.


  1. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It's always interesting to read content from other writers and use a little something from their websites.

    Also visit my web site ... zetaclear

  2. Wow, this paragraph is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing these things, therefore I am going to let know

    Feel free to visit my blog; wartrol reviews

  3. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could
    i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

    My web-site - wartrol scam

  4. Hi, I would like to subscribe for this webpage to take
    newest updates, so where can i do it please help.

    My site wartrol review

  5. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However
    I am going through troubles with your RSS. I don't understand the reason why I can't join it.
    Is there anybody getting identical RSS issues? Anyone that knows the answer can you kindly respond?

    My web site - www.silivrenstudios.com/ss/issa/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=67241&Itemid=0

  6. Hi there, I found your website by means of Google while looking for a similar subject, your
    site came up, it appears to be like good. I have bookmarked it in my google
    Hello there, simply was alert to your blog thru Google, and found that it
    is truly informative. I'm going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will probably be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage wartrol reviews

  7. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's posts every day along with a cup of coffee.

    my web site; phen375 review

  8. I don't even know how I stopped up right here, but I believed this submit used to be great. I do not recognise who you might be but certainly you're going
    to a famous blogger in the event you aren't already. Cheers!

    My blog post ... www.mattph.org.tw/node/16348/

  9. Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one
    and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much appreciated.

    my web blog: www.archirrivales.com.ar/pg/forum/topic/108584/be-slim-with-dietary-supplements-for-girls/

  10. I every time emailed this website post page to
    all my associates, since if like to read it next my
    links will too.

    my site wartrol scam

  11. Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to
    my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely
    off topic but I had to tell someone!

    Here is my webpage; wartrol reviews

  12. Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your web site accidentally,
    and I am surprised why this accident did not happened earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

    Also visit my blog ... wartrol reviews

  13. What i do not realize is if truth be told
    how you are no longer really a lot more well-appreciated
    than you may be right now. You are so intelligent.
    You know thus considerably with regards to this topic, produced me for my part
    believe it from so many numerous angles. Its like men
    and women are not interested until it is something to do with
    Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent.
    All the time care for it up!

    Also visit my web site; thecurlfriend.com

  14. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article posted
    at this site is truly nice.

    my weblog ... does wartrol work

  15. This post will help the internet visitors for setting up new website or even
    a weblog from start to end.

    Check out my website - wartrol reviews

  16. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    Visit my website: wartrol reviews

  17. I used to be suggested this website by means of my cousin.
    I'm no longer positive whether this put up is written by him as no one else realize such exact about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks!

    Also visit my web page: does wartrol work

  18. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;)

    My site: hand warts

  19. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find
    It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

    My webpage :: wartrol review

  20. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?

    I mean, what you say is valuable and all. However think of if you added some great photos or
    videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and clips,
    this blog could definitely be one of the greatest in its niche.
    Great blog!

    Here is my web site :: wartrol

  21. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who has been conducting
    a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me
    breakfast simply because I discovered it for him.
    .. lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this
    subject here on your internet site.

    Take a look at my blog post :: http://wartrolreviewsite.webs.com/">wartrol

  22. bookmarked!!, I like your site!

    Review my web-site; www.privacyroadmap.org

  23. I drop a comment each time I appreciate a post on a site or if I have something to valuable
    to contribute to the conversation. It is a result of the fire communicated in the
    post I browsed. And on this article "A day in the life: 25.08.11".
    I was excited enough to leave a thought :) I do have
    a few questions for you if it's allright. Could it be simply me or does it look like a few of these remarks look like they are written by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I would like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list the complete urls of your public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

    Take a look at my web site: wartrol reviews

  24. What's up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this site regularly, if so then you will without doubt get fastidious experience.

    Stop by my page :: wartrol review

  25. I relish, lead to I found exactly what I was looking for. You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - does wartrol work

  26. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

    Here is my weblog wartrol reviews

  27. Thanks very interesting blog!

    My website; wartrol review

  28. What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to
    contribute & help different users like its helped me. Good job.

    Here is my web site: wartrol

  29. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources
    back to your weblog? My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours
    and my users would truly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks a lot!

    Here is my page wartrol reviews

  30. I just like the valuable information you provide
    to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and test again here regularly.
    I'm moderately sure I'll learn lots of new stuff proper here!

    Good luck for the next!

    My web site; buy phen375

  31. This info is priceless. How can I find out

    Visit my web-site does wartrol work

  32. I do believe all of the ideas you've presented in your post. They're very convincing and can definitely work.
    Still, the posts are very short for beginners.
    May just you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent
    time? Thanks for the post.

    Check out my webpage :: wartrol review

  33. Simply desire to say your article is as amazing.
    The clearness on your post is just excellent and i could suppose you are an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to keep up to
    date with forthcoming post. Thanks one million and please carry on the
    gratifying work.

    Also visit my weblog; fastest way to burn fat

  34. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could get a captcha plugin
    for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Here is my web site ... buy wartrol

  35. For most recent information you have to pay a quick visit
    web and on world-wide-web I found this web page as a best site for most up-to-date updates.

    Feel free to visit my page - does wartrol work

  36. Everything is very open with a clear clarification of the challenges.

    It was really informative. Your website is useful.

    Thank you for sharing!

    My weblog ... buy wartrol

  37. Hello, Neat post. There's a problem together with your website in internet explorer, might test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a large component of folks will leave out your excellent writing because of this problem.

    Here is my blog post - does wartrol work

  38. I've learn some excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you place to make the sort of excellent informative web site.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post wartrol reviews

  39. Hi there everyone, it's my first go to see at this website, and paragraph is in fact fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these articles.

    Here is my web blog; wartrol review

  40. I really like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work
    and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I've included you guys to our blogroll.

    Here is my web blog: buy wartrol

  41. That is a really good tip especially to those new to
    the blogosphere. Short but very precise information…
    Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read

    Also visit my page: phen375 scam

  42. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted at this web page is truly

    Also visit my site; derbentcity.ru


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop