28 July 2011

A day in the life: 28.07.11

The success story: Would you believe me if I told you Orson and Blake was 20 years old? Sheesh. I can almost remember the day they opened that gorgeous little Woollahra store - there was nothing like it at the time, and to this day, I thoroughly enjoy a browse whenever I'm in the area. Natalie Walton has done a great interview with Orson and Blake founder, David Heiman over at Daily Imprint. Well worth a read.

The DIY: How beautiful is this "tree of magic wonders" Heidi Middleton made for her daughters! As seen on the Sass & Bide blog, which is lovely by the way.

The footwear: It's a known fact that the effectiveness of a new exercise regime is greatly enhanced by shiny new footwear. I bring you Exhibit A: My Nike LunarEclipse+ running shoes! The guy in the shop told me that basically, the more you pay for sports shoes, the more cushioning you get. Which is possibly why, for $239 (yikes!), I feel like I am walking on a trampoline - they truly are astonishingly comfy! PS I bought them at The Athletes Foot.

The deal: Buy $100 worth of Dermalogica, get a voucher for $30! Click the image to enlarge and grab the details. Because - and you can take my word for it - their products are fan-tastic.

The sale: Alannah Hill at 50% off? Yes please!

The magazines: Architectural Digest August 2011 is in the house! Click to see what's inside this issue.

(below) Australian Country Style's August 2011 issue is also on sale now.

The online magazine: RUE issue six is live!

The camera: For those of you who have asked which camera I use, it's this one (below) - a Nikon D40. I'm fairly sure they don't sell this model anymore, but anything similar will be just as awesome. And my best tip? Learn how to use it - read the manual or do a quick photography course. PS I also use my iPhone a lot for photos, but if you want to know my real secret to getting gorgeous blog images, it's Photoshop. I almost always sharpen, bump up the contrast and saturate the colour a little before I upload anything. 

Happy Thursday, my Tonic-ettes!


  1. Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in
    Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a
    quick heads up! Other then that, amazing blog!

    Here is my web blog - women's fitness clothing

  2. Hi are using Wordpress for your blog platform?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and
    create my own. Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    Stop by my webpage; plus size workout clothes for women nike
    My site > maternity yoga clothes singapore

  3. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright
    violation? My site has a lot of completely unique content
    I've either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any techniques to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd really appreciate it.

    Here is my site ... open source flash memory games

  4. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole
    my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so she can be
    a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.

    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

    Look at my homepage :: digital cameras with hd video reviews

  5. Good day! I know this is kind of off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin
    for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    My web site - lattice semiconductor san jose

  6. Hey. I noticed your site title, "Blogger: Table Tonic" does not really reflect the content of your web site.

    When composing your site title, do you believe it's best to write it for Web optimization or for your audience? This is something I've been battling with due to the fact I want good rankings but at the
    same time I want the best quality for my site visitors.

    Also visit my page; Amateurlandscapes.Weebly.Com

  7. First off I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I have had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Appreciate it!

    my weblog; furnished rentals bend oregon

  8. Good day! I was interested to know if setting
    up a blog such your own: http://www.blogger.com/comment.

    g?blogID=1178957263222092897&postID=617183265421659693 is difficult
    to do for inexperienced people? I have been hoping to develop my own blog for a while now but have been turned off because I've always assumed it required tons of work. What do you think? Bless you

    Also visit my web-site ... discreetphysici13.newsvine.com

  9. What's up, I log on to your blogs daily. Your humoristic style is witty, keep up the good work!

    Here is my web-site ... outdoor led lighting

  10. I got this website from my friend who told me concerning
    this website and now this time I am visiting this website and reading very informative content here.

    my blog ... galley kitchen remodel


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop