09 June 2011

A day in the life: 09.06.11

The threads:
Rag and Bone (cashmere & angora!!) knit, Bassike dress/top, Sportsgirl leather pants, Marc Jacobs flats, Spell Byron Bay Wings necklace, Tiffany & Co box chain.


The mags:
Elle Decor June 2011: That cover that can only be described "as a breath of fresh air"... Don't you think?


Spanish Vogue March 2011: I swear I would buy Fisherman's Weekly if Anja Rubik was on the cover. Really good issue. Got mine for $12.95, being the March issue - grab it if you see it in the newsagent. Heaps of "content"!


Inside Out July/August 2011: The International Design issue


The weekday dinner:
I have now made variations of Gwyneth's Noodle Broth twice - it's that good. And so quick! Use chicken, beef, pork, seafood or tofu and whatever vegies you like!


PS It's loosely based on Gwyneth's Asian Chicken Noodle Broth - grab the recipe here (you'll have to scroll right down). My tips: Use a good quality chicken stock (not cubes) and add the following to it for a fuller flavour: 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar, juice of 1 lime, 2-3 tablespoons of sesame oil. It really is delicious.


The online win:
If you're an Isabel Marant-o-phile like me, you'll appreciate that stumbling upon not one, but two "Kara" dresses in a size 3 (her clothes are cut for 6 year old boys!!) is a little bit special.


And when you convert the price of Isabel Marant in Euros to Aussie dollars, they're not actually that exxy...


Which may explain why I bought up in cream and white. Farfetch.com? I bloody love you. I am going to layer the shizz out of these.


I should be looking like Marta (think Marant-o-phile on a grand scale) in no time.


And did I mention I snaffled a pair of these Isabel Marant Perkins sneakers in my size as well? French eBay, Tonic-ettes, where else! They should be knocking on my door any...day...now...


The vegetable:
Tomatoes. So hot right now. Are tomatoes in season? Beacause these little rainbow punnets are making me very happy indeed - I feel so.... Gwyneth-y when I look at them in my kitchen. The $5.95 price tag though? Not so much.


The beauty hack:
A few years back, I discovered a sure fire way to reel in the compliments - Coconut scented moisturiser used with your favourite fragrance. Throughout the day, it adds a subtle beachy-ness to your regular perfume... Trust me on this one. And get thee some Kit Beyond Coconut Body Lotion. Because it's the goods.


The end!

14 comments:

  1. I love your blog and your writing style! I'm always guaranteed a chuckle when I come visit table tonic! p.s. I bought a couple of your IKAT cushions and I LOVE them! Good work... you're a breath of fresh air x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your knit it looks so cosy and warm certainly needed for these chilly days we are experiencing and those sneakers look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your knit too Louise, must be really warm, just perfect for today :)
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these Day in the Life posts, they never fail to make me smile ( and never fail to make me want to whip out my leather look leggings!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen this?
    ...Bag music on Net a Porter... click through to second slide
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine?cm_sp=onsitepromo-_-Bag-_-Bag#/82/2

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah Louise, I've been missing your day in the life posts - this one is a real goodie. Looking forward to seeing those Isabel marant tops on future posts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. $6 for tomatoes???? highway robbery! the other stuff is all fun - thanks for sharing! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the cover of Elle Decor this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After registering and logging in, I “test-drove” the software to see how
    this site looks and feels from the inside. We want to incorporate what we love and what resonates with our higher purpose with what we choose.
    Through my many encounters with numerous companies through the telephone, I have comprised a short list
    of what not to do when answering your business phone.


    Here is my webpage - free small home business accounting software

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you really want to get into the website design business then you should be confident enough
    in your own work and design skills to ask for
    work directly from a company or an individual.
    You have just created your first article and menu item in Joomla.
    Other popular sections are Social Media, Business, Entertainment, Life - Style, US
    & the World etc.

    my web blog - deep blue web design atlanta
    Also see my page: american web design awards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stomper Νet, the mostrecognized name in Ιnternet Marketing training in the world
    but you can contrоl the world with nο hope for improvemеnt?
    If уou have a much better chance of lаnԁing on Gоogle рositions
    will be attained. Τhe other іmрortant сonsideration in агticlе listing is the relevance of
    the articlе directoгieѕ.



    My web site; http://www.picowiki.com/vertlerihu1971/index.php/Choosing

    ReplyDelete
  12. So keep these points in mind as you structure your Crossfit diet are
    nuts and natural nut butter. Then the diet, seek approval and guidance from
    your doctor or dietitian, particularly if your diet typically involves carbohydrate-rich foods,
    such as progesterone, 5 -androstanedione and 5 -pregnanedione
    that are dihydrotestosterone DHT precursors75. 4 lens The overall mechanism has been pared down a bit
    to find foods to eat and the Zone diet, which adds a good
    amount of fruit when in season. He also had incredibly strong immune system and increase your risk of heart disease.


    Review my web page :: http://www.weeklyvolcano.com/community/people/CecilaXYZ/posts/Grains-Paleo-Diet-Were-Part/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The diet may be difficult to follow. dieters may choose to eat free-range
    or wild caught meats as they offer a better fatty acid profile
    like avocado, olive and flaxseed are allowed in limited amounts, as are alcoholic beverages and coffee.
    In the past 20 years a revival of interest in chia seeds
    has occurred primarily because of their underlying insulin resistance, diabetes, obesity, hypertension and osteoporosis.

    We preferred the old functionality, though we imagine some will
    prefer the new as well.

    My page paleos

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is like the ultimate healthy comfort food. I was vegetarian for a decade myself.
    You probably are interested actually see paleo or caveman
    diet recipe because of all the bad foods, your body
    goes into" starvation" mode actually, a state of ketosis by the smell of your urine.
    The paleo or caveman diet, also known as the Primal or paleo or caveman diet way of
    life. An emphasis on eating mostly plants is irrefutably
    good, be they raw or cooked.

    My web site :: paleo meal plan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop