02 May 2011

Table Tonic's week(end) in review...

The ebay "win": In an effort to restore our 50s home to it's former glory, Mr Tonic has taken to buying vintage Louis Poulsen light fittings on eBay. The bedrooms currently have 50s-style downlights, but pendants soften a bedroom beautifully. An essential finishing touch, they're much like the mascara of the decor world. They're actually amazing in the flesh. Very sculptural. 2 down, 2 to go!



The wildlife: Our garden is home to all kinds of wildlife - bush turkeys, bandicoots, we've seen a lot. But on Saturday morning? Ducks!! Well. You can just imagine the excitement.


The "me time": The Sydney magazine, Inside Out Renovating Special (it's really good, buy it!), US Vogue, House and Garden, Good Living. Mmmm...



The hot tip: Sheepskins are machine washable! When the dog spews on the sheepskin? Cold wash, extra spin, dry flat in the shade. Happiness.



The view: I attended a beautiful lunch at Le Kiosk Shelley Beach on Saturday (amaaaazing food), and as I walked back to my car, I took this photo. Sydney, with all it's diversity,  is just so beautiful.

 
The Sunday funday: Sunday was my Mum's birthday, and Mother Nature was kind enough to remind us what warmth and sunshine was! We had lunch at the beautiful Boathouse at Palm Beach (everybody's favourite!).




After which we took the kids to the park to burn off the chocolate frogs and boiled lollies (you must stock up if ever you go to The Boathouse!)


Picnic rug, Sunday Papers, Audrey, Mr Tonic... It was rather lovely, actually. UPDATE: For those wondering about the bag, aka my 3rd child, I blogged about it back here.


So what was in the Mark Tuckey bag? Woven African wire baskets, Murchison Hume goodness and a linen & leather zip up case. She loved it all.

  
The new blog discovery: marlow35


The new old coffee machine: We just (enthusiastically) inherited my parents "old" coffee machine, and I now answer only to "Barista". Needless to say, we're drinking a liiitle more coffee than we used to!



The on "sale today" loot: Rather love the fact that there's a newsagent on the way to Anoushka's kindy. I knew Aussie Harpers was out today (and I knew Bambi was on the cover), so off I went. Did I expect to come back with Who and Grazia as well? No. But hey, that's the Royal Wedding for you (wasn't it riveting?)!


The End!

15 comments:

  1. totally - i loved me some royal wedding action! friday night was spent downing champagne enthralled...and saturday was with a sore head watching the repeats! even the man admitted he was excited for it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Poulsen lights will look amazing in your home. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a weekend well spent! Oh, and I am in love with your constant supply of mags.xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all those mags - must get my hands of some of them. Also, loving your leopard print bag! It's gorgeous!

    Holding a Lona de Anna giveaway now on my blog. For those wanting a great print to style up their place - Please enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on the leopard print bag! Where did you get it?
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bag update = posted - It's the Mulberry "Neely". x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great posts, Louise! So bright and refreshing. I wanted to jump right into your day (and your awesome weather!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad Mum liked the Murchison-Hume goodies, Lou. Have to have to, have to get to Mark Tuckey!

    xox, mk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Finally I got a weblog from where I be able to truly get useful data concerning my study
    and knowledge.

    my web blog ... gift ideas for men

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello would you mind letting me know which webhost you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I
    must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a reasonable
    price? Kudos, I appreciate it!

    Also visit my web site holiday gift ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you
    can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    Look into my site - http://www.doxa.org.au/wiki/index.php?title=User:EarnestMa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for some other great post. Where else may just anyone get
    that kind of info in such an ideal means of writing?

    I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the search for such information.


    Feel free to visit my web site; criminaliteitswijzer.nl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy looking through a post that will make people think.
    Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!


    My site; jack lalanne power juicer pro

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    Here is my webpage; jack la lane power juicer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having read this I thought it was really informative.
    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this short article together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting
    comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!


    my website: www.musicjunkeys.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop