09 May 2011

Table Tonic Mother's Day week(end) in review

I hope you all had an awesome weekend. The weather in Sydney was absolutely beautiful, and my Mother's Day looked a little bit like this:


(above and below) Amongst other things, I was spoiled with this dreamy Spell Byron Bay Angel Wings necklace! The Spell girls are so gorgeous - as Bohemian as they are creative (very!). You must visit their Spell online shop and their equally fabulous Spell blog.



(below) Anoushka-Tonic strikes a pose in a dress from "Uncle Jas and Auntie Summer".


My brother Jason and his wife recently moved (back) down to Sydney, from Brisbane, which is (still) the news of the week in our family. We're all so chuffed to have them here, and in an effort to keep them here, fed them (and my parents) a scrumptious lunch at our place. Alright, it was Mother's Day as well!



(above) The table, set with beautiful Arabia Finland crockery that I ate off as a child in the 70s. Thanks Mum and Dad for hanging onto it for so long (and passing it on to me!).


(above) The feast that followed!



(above) Oak lettuce, red apple, lentil and pine nut salad (my own creation!). Olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.


(above) Grated fresh beetroot, egg and parmesan salad (from Delicious magazine). Olive oil and lemon juice dressing.



(above) Pan seared zucchini, goat's feta and caper salad (also from Delicious magazine). Drizzled with olive oil.


(above) The best bit - Mr Tonic's slow roasted pork and veggies!

(above) And I outdid myself here - Vanilla bean panna cotta with fresh berries and sugar syrup. So good. And I am officially unafraid of recipes with gelatine! In other, non-mother's-day-related news, Mr Tonic painted the carport roof. The colour will be our "trim colour", once we paint the house. Looks white, but it's a beautiful smoky grey -  I wish I had before photos now, but it was swampy-browny-green. So we're pretty damn stoked with the result!

23 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous day yesterday :)

    The food photos are mouth-watering!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pork and vegies looks sensational!

    and those wings!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks the wings necklace...dream!

    The food looks sensational :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we a little chef :) It all looks delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That food looks amazing!
    I was thrilled to open the latest Shop 4 Kids and find a little article on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How you manage to fit it all in is beyond me! I can barely get the kids to sport on time and serve spaghetti for dinner. I should really put in a little more effort..

    p.s. just voted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meant to read "Love the wings necklace"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous post Louise, that lunch looks delicious! I am also very jealous of your dining room chairs, they are stunning! Have a wonderful week, Sasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lunch looks so fab - I am definitely stealing a couple of those salad ideas. Lovely Mother's Day pressies too. I voted too.
    India

    ReplyDelete
  10. That feast looks amazing! And your little girl looks so precious in that photo...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, fresh, yummy post you can tell you had a great weekend! The carport looks fab too, amazing what a lick of paint can do...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Food looks fab hope all the Mums had a great Day and I adore the Angel Wings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mother's day meal looked amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful post, Louise! the photos look so lovely...happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a feast fit for a king!!! Excellent job! :) Happy Mother's Day!

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the image of the glamourous table setting, because in the background is a door leaning against the wall and a step ladder which I imagine is part of the renovation blitz. It tells such a wonderful story of having it all, all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had the exact same dinner set for "special" meals. I don't know that my mum has much left but she still has some. Thanks for the blast from the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum now I'm hungry. What a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum yum yum! That meal looks scrumptious! I really loved the dining table setting too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like it all belongs in a food magazine! my mouth is watering...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh! Louise! Happy Mother's Day! Oh so glad you liked the angel wing necklace! I had no idea it was going out to you! It looks divine! They're so delicate aren't they, carved with a very tiny little silver tool!

    Thank you for the post! XX lizzy & Spelly

    Ps going to make that lentil salad tonight! X

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing cook, you are! also, love the 2 planters in that last pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop