11 April 2011

Table Tonic's week(end) in review...

The addiction: The weekend began like any other, on Friday afternoon, when I innocently popped into the newsagent after picking a Mini-Tonic up from school. Forty two dollars later, and I was mag-ged up to the eyeballs (Inside Out and Lucky are subscriptions). Following a (child-free!) Beef Pho at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant on Friday night, I tackled the almighty pile. The weekend was off to a stellar start.

The other addiction: Not so much for my credit card, however, when I later found myself browsing the virtual windows of Shopbop. Again. Thing is, with Winter approaching in Australia, you'll find that knits (along with coats, jackets, boots) are all on sale in the States. Which is probably why I bought the following "pieces" - and yes, having a bit of an asymmetrical hem moment:

The renovation: Look at the clock on the wall - 8.40am, Saturday morning and Mr Tonic is wielding a rubber mallet, ready to tackle "something substantial", aka the fireplace hearth. This rough diamond of ours is full of great 50s, modernist features, but this "tacked on" hearth is not one of them!

(below) So it got the chop. And just like that, the room looks smashing again (and feels 20% bigger!). Mr Tonic has since managed to remove the soot from the chimney with Mr Muscle oven cleaner (he told me to "blog that") and a fair whack of elbow grease.

The favorite pastime: One of the things I miss the most about my pre-kiddie life is making a lovely breakfast. It's possibly my favourite meal of the day, and given that we had a child-free 24 hours, I made the most of it - Scrambled eggs, toasted sourdough baguette, avocado and coriander salsa and fresh lime. Eaten in a quiet house on a beautiful crisp & sunny Saturday morning. Ahhhh....

The wardrobe: Still on all things child-free and opportunistic, I gave my wardrobe a long-overdue clean and tidy out, the results of which pleased me greatly:

The In-Laws: We do a fortnightly pilgrimage to Mr Tonic's parent's place, although since we moved house, the drive has increased from 45 minutes to an hour and a half!? I took this photo from their verandah. Best view ever. Always a great spot for watching the weather roll in... And yes, that is their pool!!

The eye-candy: Read the Sunday papers, the highlight of which was undoubtedly Sass & Bide's Sarah-Jane Clarke's "can't live without's" on the back page of one of the supplements:

And that, Tonic-ettes, is the end of my story. PS Don't forget, free shipping all week on tabletonic.com.au.


  1. What an incredible weekend. So jealous about the wardrobe clean out. I really need to do that...

  2. Thanks for letting us take a peek into your wardrobe.. Always enjoy looking at people's wardrobes.. love of the pops of the leopard print in it.. x decor is like butter

  3. Please thank Mr Tonic for the tip on fireplace cleaning.... I was only looking at ours on Saturday and asked myself - what shall I use? Cheers, Astrid

  4. Love, love, LOVE this blog! You say everything that Im thinking and more. Youve definitely shed light on a subject that not many people can argue with. Youre so good at getting what you want to say out there in a way thats intelligent and entertaining. Im really impressed, man. REALLY impressed

  5. OhEmmGeeeeee! I really do love these posts, and seeing your wardrobe really excites me and motivates me to do my own! Also am salivating over your breakfast, so making that for the fam in the morning! xx

  6. Your wardrobe looks amazing. V inspirational - I think I need to do the same!

  7. Great post and I have wardrobe clean-up envy. Mine is a shocker you have inspired me. Cheers India

  8. wow - your in laws live in a beautiful place! i miss sydney...

    Love your blog!


  9. I'ma a magazine junkie as well,can't stop
    and been browsing asos.com all week while at work

  10. Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with
    my facebook group? There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    Feel free to surf to my web site; fashion show mall

  11. Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: best running clothes for kids

  12. Me and ozzy fucked tougher, trying to show to my god! FUCK YES!
    ' prior to cumming inside my warm pussy. were still fucking

    Feel free to visit my weblog: hcg injections

  13. With hаνin ѕo much ωrіttеn content do you evег run
    intо any problems оf plagoгism or сopyгіght іnfrіngement?
    My blog has а lot of uniquе content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd reаlly apрreciate it.

    Heгe is my ωebsite :: 서버관리 - 유닉스 시스템별 사양 확인 방법
    my web site - Sign in with Facebook


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop