25 April 2011

DIY of the day: Woven baskets as art

Colourful woven baskets can be picked up at homewares stores, flea markets or on  travels abroad, and make for an interesting, rainbow-rustic wall display! Look out for them in tones that match your room's existing decor, or simply stick to natural, straw coloured baskets, which will suit any room.


  1. They look gorgeous, especially against the simplicity of a simple white wall.

    Hope you are getting a smidgen of time off over the long weekend, Louise!

  2. We have friends who travel frequently to west Africa. Many women collect and use the unfortunately large numbers of plastic bags flying around city and country side to weave baskets and other products. I had trouble finding images of the baskets we've see, but they're pretty cool and look at bit like this. I love re-purposing, especially when the proceeds go to help women feed their families. http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/10/ugandans_give_n.php

    I also found this link to a business geared toward re-purposing plastic bags. I'm not sure about its worker/safety practices as I didn't do much research, but on the surface it looks good. http://www.trashybags.org/background.htm

  3. Looks amazing! What a great idea! :)


  4. I LOVE these baskets very much! Off to find some baskets for the wall......

  5. We would recommend ѕtοpping bу thе helpful
    wеbsite for more facts.

    Vіsit mу ωeb site :: http://www.nextgreatsoccerstar.com/

  6. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4
    year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to
    tell someone!

    Check out my blog post amigosdivebelize.com

  7. I'm curious which blogging platform you might be running? I'm new to
    running a blog and have been thinking about using the Vox platform.
    Do you consider this is a good platform to start with?
    I would be really grateful if I could ask you some questions through e-mail so I can learn a bit
    more prior to getting started. When you have some free time,
    please get in touch with me at: deanna_hinojosa@gmail.
    com. Kudos

    Also visit my page :: digital camera applications

  8. Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your posts.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same
    topics? Many thanks!

    Feel free to visit my homepage: on semiconductor news

  9. Hi! I've been reading your weblog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good work!

    my weblog :: epicgameslt.weebly.com

  10. Wonderful blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress
    or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out
    there that I'm totally confused .. Any tips? Bless you!

    Here is my web blog - north myrtle beach vacation rentals

  11. Heya! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!

    Feel free to visit my web page; tybee vacation rentals baywatch

  12. Heya! It seems as though we both have a passion for
    the same thing. Your blog, "Blogger: Table Tonic" and mine are very similar.
    Have you ever thought about authoring a guest post for a related website?
    It is sure to help gain exposure to your website (my site recieves a lot
    of visitors). If you might be interested, contact me at:
    elviapannell@bigstring.com. Thank you

    Take a look at my website; http://www.petsandco.com/?L=blogs.blog&article=45726

  13. Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    Review my web-site; exultantapex2872.jimdo.com

  14. Hi! This is the third time visiting now and I really just wanted to say I truley fancy reading your blog
    website. I've decided to bookmark it at delicious.com with your title: Blogger: Table Tonic and your Web address: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1178957263222092897&postID=816203817479326895. I hope this is fine with you, I'm trying to give your excellent blog a bit more coverage.
    Be back shortly.

    Here is my web page ... high tech pet 30 acre in-ground super electronic dog fence

  15. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about lyrica. Regards

    my web page ... acoustic guitar chords for beginners

  16. We would advocate stopping by the beneficial site for more information
    and facts.

    my page :: flex belt Discount

  17. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

    Take a look at my website ... appliance repair help whirlpool


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop