28 April 2011

A day in the life: 28.04.11

The threads:
bassike t-shirt dress (here) / gorman jacket / mink pink leggings / siren "republic" boots (here) / hermes cuff

The food-spiration:
I rather love the fact that my parents have a subscription to Delicious magazine (amongst many others!), and I'm actually thinking of subscribing. I found more than a few handfuls of killer recipes in these 3 issues. And the Good Living? Always worth a flick.

The breakfast:
Sauteed field mushrooms, bocconcini and baby spinach on sourdough toast. With a squeeze of lemon. "Get-outta-town" good. Some tobasco would also have been right at home here.

The new online mag:
Yes! Another one! House of Fifty is upon us!

The scent:
You either love Angel or you hate it. I used to hate it. Now? Second-bottle-love it. And always good to buy your fragrance around Mother's Day - gift with purchase time! Hot tip: A 100ml bottle of Angel will set you back 230 clams. A refill (take your old bottle)? Just 150 clams.

The (other) obligatory calories:
Gawd. I feel some chocolate crackle making coming on... PS Just to give you an idea of scale here, THIS IS A SALAD BOWL, PEOPLE!

The coveted:
Sass & Bide "Cast in Bronze" jumper (buy it here or here). *Sigh* I really ought to stop reading fashion blogs... Like Amie's...

The Mr Tonic dinner:
Stuffed Calamari. I know. So simple.
1. Make your favourite cous cous "salad". We added chopped zucchini (sautee it first), chopped parsely, toasted pine nuts and zest of 1 lemon to cooked cous cous. You could substitute rice/quinoa etc. 2. Stuff (cleaned) baby squid hoods with the cous cous, seal each hood with 2 toothpicks and pan fry! 3. Squeeze the juice from the lemon you used for zest over the top and serve. 

The Fashion Editor's home:
Katherine Powers, of Who What Wear recently showed Refinery 29 around her hillside L.A retreat. And aren't we glad she did! PS Click here for the full interview.

The reminder:
20% off STOREWIDE at tabletonic.com.au!!


  1. your little clothes posts make me seriously want/need to go shopping!

  2. Love your posts! One question with regards to all your silver jewellery - what do you use as a silver cleaner? Interested to know. Thanks again, your blog is my "cuppa" read!

  3. mtmlpearse - I find hot, soapy water the perfect cleaner for sterling silver! That's it!
    Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.

  4. Love the threads, the mags, the choc, the pics but that calamari has stolen the show! gxo

  5. ha Loved loved loved Angel (I think the first perfume hubby bought me). Now: hate it! lol. Although I actually smelt it on someone the other day and it smelt nice and warm and chocolatey and familiar. Now I am intrigued again......but I agree it definitely seems to be a perfume you either love or hate!

  6. Oh my!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sitting down with a cuppa and a good blog... thanks for obliging!!
    Off to lazily browse through all your other posts and praying Master 1 does not wake up in the meantime!

    Josie x


  7. You made some decent points there. I looked on the net for more info about the issue and found
    most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.

    Feel free to surf to my site ... Traveling

  8. Ahaa, its pleasant dialogue on the topic of this post here at this website,
    I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.

    Also visit my web blog - vietnam travel

  9. I was very pleased to find this site. I want to to thank you for your time just for this
    wonderful read!! I definitely savored every part of it and i also have you saved
    to fav to check out new information in your web site.

    Also visit my weblog - http://elizabethseaver.com

  10. Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your site. You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some articles for your blog
    in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested.

    My homepage - wiki.gamecp.com


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop