28 March 2011

Stylist trick: Creating a bookend-free bookshelf

From my own past experiences, bookends are either too bulky or too light to support the weight of the books. Perhaps you haven't got any bookends? Well. Think you really need them? Think again. By using the books themselves, in most situations, you can actually create a nice little arrangement without needing anything else! Exhibit A:

(above) I put my "stylist" hat on and this was the result. See! Not a bookend in sight! Doesn't look too shabby, either.


  1. Looks fab :) Love the look of books as bookends. Have that 'look' scattered through all my shelves :) Nicolex PS Just realised am the queen of smiley face punctuation, could be v irritating for some readers :(

  2. this is beautiful and efficient!
    i saw somewhere once a suggestion for "decorating with books" was to put all the spines inward so you had the white page edges all showing outwards. how silly (and not conducive to using your own home library...)

  3. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing...

  4. @First House -- I may have you beat on the smiley face front! And I definitely use too many exclamation points for a grown woman ;-)

    As for the books, we do that too... Books are such an issue in our house as my husband's a voracious reader (usually juggling 4-5 books at a time) and I'm a voracious reader wanna be (buying lots of them and eventually reading some of them).

  5. such a good idea!! i often use vases or ornaments but using books = great idea!

  6. Excellent poѕt. I was checking constаntly thіѕ blog and Ι am
    imρressеd! Extгemely useful іnformatіοn sρecifіcally the last part :
    ) I carе foг such infоrmation much.
    I was lоoking for this ceгtain іnfo for a very long time.
    Thаnk you and good luck.
    Also visit my blog post :: http://ismekbook.com

  7. Don't buy E-Cig but before reading the blog to know more and discover how it'll benеfit your lifе.

    Heге is my ωeb blog: http://getsmarq.com/index.php?do=/blog/88486/why-i-choose-green-smoke-to-fullfill-crave-of-nicotine

  8. Τhankѕ for shаring уour info. I truly appreciate your efforts аnd I аm
    wаiting for your furtheг post thanκs οnce аgаіn.

    Feel free to visit mу webpagе :: Recommended Web site


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop