24 March 2011

Rockin' my beauty cabinet this Autumn...

So. These are the 3 goodies I am counting on to get my skin, hair and body through the cold (not forgetting, dry!) Winter months, which will be upon us faster than you can say "re-hydration"! Yes. My name is Louise, and I am a beauty junkie...


(below) Greece’s leading natural products company, Aptiva does a mean body scrub - Orange and Ginger and smells good enough to eat (don't)! And just quietly, they just launched their online store here in Australia! Love me a body scrub.


(below) "Dry and Damaged, Under-Nourished Hair"? Pick me! Pick me! Yes, the words "repairative" and "masque" make my follicles sing. Oh, and by the way, Kiehls? Kiehls rocks. Aussie Tonic-ettes, you can buy Kiehls online here at Mecca.


(below) Dermalogica will always have a happy corner of my beauty cabinet all to itself. And for good reason. It does what it claims to.


Every Saturday morning whenever I remember, I do the following to my face and it bloody glows (and brings in the compliments for weeks)! 1. Wash with Special Cleansing Gel 2. Exfoliate with Skin Prep Scrub. 3. Whack on the Gentle Cream Exfoliant Masque. 4. Last step, Skin Refining Masque. You will truly light up the room after this little Dermalogica routine.

PS If there is something you think is the Holy Grail of beauty products, please share it with me - leave a comment! I love nothing more than an enthusiastic recommendation.

18 comments:

  1. I am so there with you, a total beauty product junky, but there are a couple of product I always come back to. For my moisturizer I love Creme De la Mer, I have quit for short periods of time to try to find a less costly product that does what this addiction in a jar does, but always come right back. Don't start using this because there is no turning back. For my hair I love Joico leave in conditioner. Detangles and never feels weighty on my fine hair. For a little perk me up for shine a quick spritz of Rusk Shine, it also smells divine!! These are a few of my faithfuls. Oh and the newest kid on my block for a concealer is Boi~ing by Benefit, love love this mega hider of dark circles. Look forward to see what others favs are, kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dermalogica is the shiz, you must try the microfoliant (tiny tiny beads of awesome.) I also swear by Kosmea rosehip oil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so excited to be FINALLY thinking suntan lotion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations! One product I love, and no matter what other skincare ranges come in and out of my life I always use Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil! This is it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're looking for super fabulous hair products you can't go past Moroccan Oil - the oil for styling and the shampoo and conditioner for well, shampooing and conditioning....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Louise! Would love to feature you on Coveted Canvas in a beauty Q&A. Will be in touch later today!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Moroccan oil too.
    My top tip is cleanse your face twice. I have been doing this for the last 2 months and my skin has been incredible. Also I am in love with this woman's make-up site. She does the likes of Helena Christensen etc
    www.lisaeldridge.com
    India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can i ask the posters above what rosehop oil does. I keep reading about it but don't know how to use it. Thanks India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi India,
    Rosehip Oil is AMAZING! I use the Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil, which is a lovely step under your moisturiser (day and night) and helps skin repair itself - scars, sun damage etc.
    Try it!!!
    xLouise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got the skin smoothing cream after you raved about it on here...and wow, I totally agree - my favourite moisturiser ever! Already on to my second tube.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the thought starters Louise. You've reminded me to get back into that once a week 'me time' routine. Bio Oil is also great as a night treatment - evens out skin tone and scars. I love Dermalogica and will forever be a devotee. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear. I've found another product junky like myself. I have a trip planned to Sephora this weekend to re-stock up on things and now I think I have just added to the list! Haven't yet tried Dermalogica yet but now I will.
    xo Trina

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely little facial tip hon!! going to try that. Dermalogica products are really very good!
    My favourite product is Dr Natasha Cooks Clarifying Concentrate serum - its the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Off to buy Rosehip oil thanks for sharing
    India

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have long admired that rug Louise, where is it from?

    I am in love with Kiehl's creme de corps - the perfect winter salve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nicky, It's a Moroccan Berber rug, I got it in for the online store, but it was too scrumptious not to keep! I have a few smaller ones for sale right now, below is a link (yell if you have any other questions!). xLouise

    http://www.tabletonic.com.au/categories/NEW!-Berber-Rugs/?sort=newest

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you're looking for super fabulous hair products you can't go past Moroccan Oil - the oil for styling and the shampoo and conditioner for well, shampooing and conditioning....!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so excited to be FINALLY thinking suntan lotion!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop