28 March 2011

Ikea "Bekvam" spice rack hack: A(nother) progress report

Rightio then, seems we're almost at the end of the "Bekvam" Spice rack journey (I know, sad, isn't it?). With the racks up and Anoushka's room finally painted a colour, the only thing left to do is give them their own final coats of (Dulux Vivid) white. But golly gosh, it's been a wonderful ride, made infinitely better by uber-decor-blog Ohdeeoh giving them a big ol' "hey-ho"!


Enormous thanks to Nicole of First House on the Right for alerting me to it. I know. Who misses their own shout out on OHDEE-bloody-OH!?!!? Me. That's who. Below is Nicole's very own "Reading Corner" - you can catch her step by step here.


Oh, and in case you were wondering what they look like now, here is my Spice Rack wall REVEAL!


Walls painted in Dulux "Sweet Sixteen", Spice racks from Ikea, Tarnby rug from Ikea, Moroccan Pouffes in bright orange and gold from the Table Tonic online store. That's a wrap.

16 comments:

  1. wonderful...love it a lot!! great job louise!! xx meenal

    ReplyDelete
  2. it turned out amazing! love the color combos you've got going, there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good, the white looks great. What a lucky girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love u Aussies and it's just so
    fun and inspiring 2 get creative ideas
    from gals who love the good things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just sweet perfection Louise! Loving it so much, the spice racks and books just pop so nicely off the pink wall, great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Looks good in white. Glad I came across your lovely blog :)
    Regards, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks fantastic...i must try that for my son's room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it before but the paint makes it even better!!! I am tempted to try it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving this whole spice rack thing! Doing it! Loving the sweet sixteen against the orange Louise! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lamb shanks for the shout out Louise! Imagine my delight when reading through your post I come across my own little reading nook!

    Love the look of your shelves painted white, they look great against the wall colour!

    Nicolex

    PS One of my sisters and a couple of my friends are now on a mission to do a reading nook like yours with IKEA spice racks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spice Cabinet is based on the choice of selection...

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are really a excellent webmaster. The web site loading velocity is incredible.

    It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick.
    Also, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a fantastic task on this matter!

    Also visit my blog ... ideal waist to height ratio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello everyone, it's my first pay a visit at this web site, and piece of writing is actually fruitful designed for me, keep up posting such articles or reviews.

    Also visit my webpage :: Funny Videos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello everyone, it's my first visit at this site, and piece of writing is actually fruitful designed for me, keep up posting such posts.

    Feel free to surf to my site; hack a twitter account

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites
    I stumbleupon every day. It's always helpful to read content from other writers and practice a little something from other websites.

    Look at my webpage ... web site

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop