28 January 2011

Turn this Online magazine cover into a room

I did it! Anoushka's bed is officially high gloss Hermes orange (or Bristol Rum Orange, to be precise)! You may remember this post where I talked about my plans for her new room. Well, bits have stuck and other bits have fallen away and I might just need to fill you in on the new agenda. But lets step back and admire my handiwork for a minute:


Only one coat done, but I'm loving it sick! So here's the (new) inspiration board - In the form of that swoony Massucco Warner Miller bedroom featured on the cover of Ivy & Piper:


(below) And here's my own little "get the look" that I have all ready to go:


(above) 1. Pop by Sheridan "Jiro" pillowcases ($9.95 each) I bought two from here. How awesome are they!


(above) 2. Rectangular silk "Safari" cushions ($69 each). I bought two from here.


(above) 3. Went to Ikea with Bellamumma on Tuesday and bought the popular-to-boot Tarnby rug (popular for good reason - it's such a good buy).


(above) 4. Also bought a Lykta table lamp in white. And, um just $24.95!


5. (above) Following my own advice in this post (and an oldie, but a goldie) I simply had to be a member of the "For Like Ever" club! (It's on it's way from here!)


(above) 6. Going to add a Table Tonic Moroccan Leather Pouffe in either Powder Pink or Fuschia...


(above) 7. And you may remember, this is her little bedside table (eBay), which I've already undercoated and will paint in Dulux high gloss "Vivid White".

So why did the virtual moodboard change so dramatically? A couple of reasons. a) Mr Tonic vetoed wallpaper altogether and b) I got the guilts for not giving my daughter a room with even just a little bit of pink. Well, I hope you dig it!


(above) In other news? I got a haircut today. Rather love it! Happy weekend Tonic-ettes! x

19 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I was brave enough to cut my hair - it looks fabulous. Oh and 'hermes' orange, classic!

    www.happilystylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, It's about a year now, since I cut my loooong hair into this cut, and I am so happy I did!! Love how your cut is shorter in the back, very chic!! PS. That orange bed frame is COOL, can't wait to see the finished project!!

    Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange!!
    And nice haircut !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the elements you are using for your daughter's bedroom...the bed color is just fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just so glad you're posting stuff from Straya, and therefore accessible. Thankyou and thankyou and thankyou once again.

    I've been stuffing around looking for the right orange paint for a while - and you may just have provided it! And not a Benjamin Moore, and therefore unavailable, paint.

    And the pillow cases - fabby. I've been so frustrated trying to find some nice funky prints that I've ended up getting some geometric stencils sent from the UK. And now I find it's been available here all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haircut Lou, you look stunning!!!
    Enjoy the beach.
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything, especially the hair! I am drooling over the colour scheme and that bed!

    Sarah
    The Style Encyclopaedia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hair, love the bed, love the print...funny, I bought it for my daughters room when you posted that link where to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your haircut, louise!! so cute!

    xo,
    joAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. My current obsession is all things orange. Don't ask me why, it just is. I love it in the garden, I love it indoors. I even like seeing it on my plate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Louise LOVE IT and Im sure you mini tonic will LOVE IT..FOR LIKE FOREVER ; )

    p.s Hair = Gorgeous ta boot! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute haircut! I am contemplating a cut as well... Also, I love the inspiration room and all of the goodies you've bought and cannot wait to see your finished room! Your little girl is quite lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cannot wait to see the finished room! Love MWM's work, love the orange bedheads, love all the beautiful pieces you've chosen. What a lucky little girl to have such a clever mum and fab room. Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your inspirations Louise, the orange will look amazing! Great haircut xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That orange is the bees knees, Louise! And loving your haircut, of course - tres chic! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your inspirations Louise, the orange will look amazing! Great haircut xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you are going for finest contents like I do, simply visit this web page all the time since it provides feature contents, thanks

    My web-site :: ideal waist to height ratio

    ReplyDelete
  18. " He said that property rights were also sacred and that he had exercised due diligence, following all laws, when he purchased the site. "Thanks,
    " Blade smiled, and turned back to his own rack, which was lined with an assortment of swords. A Level I zombie outbreak typically means a deceased person, a carrier of the Z-virus, reanimated somehow and caused an incident.

    My web-site :: clash of clans hack no survey download *http://www.inlabeauty.com/members/basil8273/activity/780781*

    ReplyDelete
  19. These two titans are an inspiration to anyone who has a dream and intends to overcome whatever challenges present themselves along
    the way. ' A list will appear, and then double click the library you want to access, and then double-click the file or folder you want to access. This is not the Wicked Witch of the East that the house lands on.

    Here is my web site - wizard101 hack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop