11 January 2011

Happy Sofa Day: It's here!

When we bought this house a few months back, we realized we'd be in the market for a new sofa, whether we liked it or not. Our previous tan leather 3 seater sofa (from Fanuli) was not only a little uncomfortable due to it's relatively low back cushions, but a 3 seater would positively float in a 4.5 x 6.5 metre space. So we shopped around. Buying a sofa is a major decor decision, it can make or break a room, and almost always, much like a rug, it will anchor the room. I was in a quandry. So I put it out there on this very blog and your suggestions and advice were just fantastic - like a warm hug from an old friend. And just what I needed to put my "are we making the right decision?" mind at rest.

King Furniture was where we started and where we finished. The "Jasper" is an enormously popular sofa here in Australia (I now know why), relatively large/deep and a simple design that allows you to switch it around into virtually any configuration. We decided on a corduroy fabric in "Oak" (the top picture is a better colour representation), which you lot assure me will stand the test of two Mini-Tonics and a Doggy-Tonic. I didn't want a sofa that would dominate the room with it's colour or design, and I think this fits the bill perfectly, despite its size.

So while the tan 3 seater has settled in nicely in the TV/play room (as Cheeky-Tonic demonstrates below!), I now have a big, cosy corner for sunny mornings with a cup of tea and post-dinner magazine reading/laptop shananigans.

Tonight I will christen the cover by settling in with my new issue of Real Living (below) which, despite having a subscription to, I had to buy along with the current Belle and House & Garden, as Magshop take 3 weeks to update your change of address! Seriously.

So? What do you think? You know I'm dying to know. And as always, be honest. x


  1. Love your choice! I'm in the market for a sofa at the moment... It's nerve racking!!

    I was overall a bit disappointed with Real Living this month... I curled up with it last night for a quick flip through... Let me know what you think! Belle on the other hand, yum!!

  2. Looking forward to Christening it with a big Gin and Table Tonic! xox

  3. I have been checking your blog since this morning waiting to see "King Jasper" I was so excited when it came up! Obsessed much?? We have been on the market for a new lounge as our new home has a rather large open plan living space to say the least..We are tossing up between Jasper the delta.. So was hanging to see it! So well done! It look incredible.. Looks fantatic and very old school beachy chic and delicious all rolled into one comfortable spot.. Cannot wait to see it scattered with your Ikat cushions next! xx

  4. Awesome Louise...excellent choice...and it fits perfectly..like it was always meant to be there..you know that naturally I am thinking some awesome print cushions, artwork etc etc..now that you have the awesome sofa and awesome floor rug...but I know that this has already been running through your head...cannot wait to see the end results!:)

  5. Perfect for that space and I expect we'll be seeing some Table Tonic cushions on it too??

  6. Hi Louise, looks great, I too have been checking in all day to check out the pics, looks so cozy and invtiting!!Great choice. xx

  7. Hello Louise,
    Nice choice for your new sofa. Some beautiful cushions in sharp colours (even black and white) would finish it off and make it look homely and inviting.

  8. I ADORE this lounge and have long coveted it. I applaud your choice of fabric and layout - although you are far braver than I. The thought of four boys and a light covered lounge scares me. A lot.

    I actually want to send you a picture of our back living space with a big HELP written across it. How we can 'make it work' in a far more effective way than we already are. I know we have too much furniture in too little space. I know we need some serious storage solutions. Alas, the lack of a budget for any of it leaves me weaving around constantly moving furniture and lego. Never forget the lego.

  9. Love it Louise. You will enjoy lounging on it and guarantee you will fall asleep on it many times.

    Did you get any of the wood pieces to make shelves or bookcases instead of sofa backs?

    Sandy K

  10. Looks fabulous- I'm getting seriously jealous of your house- love!

  11. Just perfect -- I can't wait to see how you weave your magic into the space.
    Cheers, Alcira


  12. It looks fantastic!! Love all the windows behind it...sigh!

  13. Goodmorning,

    I love the style of the lounge, and yes I can see a Mark Tuckey coffee table going very nicely with your new lounge. Thanks for sharing your lovely home.

  14. Adore your pick...the perfect size for the room. Can't wait to see your pillow choices!!

  15. The sofa is a perfect fit and I'm loving the window art. Looking forward to seeing the magic happen with accessories.

  16. Swoon... the couch, the windows, the whole house!! Absolutely lovely :o)
    Just a side note I am loving this months Home Beautiful mag - it is loaded with good ideas.

  17. LOVE it!! We have a lounge covered in the same fabric Lou, it is comfy and cosy and looks great after 2 years (so far). Great choice. xx

  18. oh love it lady - and those cushions AWESOME-NESS!
    great seeing you today...
    n x

  19. Louise, it looks amazing!!! it looks super comfortable and i love how it fits the large space perfectly! congrats!


  20. Thanks for the sofa pep talk. I need a new one too and have just been putting it off. Now I know where to go (and where not to go). I love the pictures, they are great inspiration.

    reclining sofa

  21. Love the Jasper! We've had our 'Maple' cord for only a few months and it's been the best purchase ever... fantastic choice. With our two boys it will stand the test of time - even my sister, who worked at King once and owns the 'Delta', is jealous!

    Thanks for supporting the flood appeal Louise - please everyone give generously xx

  22. Gorgeous!! Do you mind me asking why you decided not to go with leather in the end?

  23. Hi B, Our last sofa was leather, and we just thought a change would be nice. Bonus points for being (much) more affordable! Also, living in a beachy-style house, fabric was a nice option.
    Hope that helps!

  24. Iím not that much of a online reader to be honest but
    your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Many thanks

    Here is my webpage - gymnastics clothing for women

  25. My spouse and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I should check
    things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to checking out your web page again.

    My site; electrical engineering principles and applications solutions manual

  26. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome site!

    Check out my site :: electrical engineering projects in radar

  27. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger,
    and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to exchange techniques
    with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

    Look at my webpage: ecg semiconductor cross reference

  28. Doh! I was domain name searching at namecheap.com and went to type in the
    domain name: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1178957263222092897&postID=8628266617014639555 and guess who already had it?
    You did! lol j/k. I was about to purchase this domain name but noticed it
    was taken so I decided I'd come check it out. Nice blog!

    Here is my web-site: flash memory card 128gb

  29. Aweѕome blog! Is your theme cuѕtοm made οr did you ԁownload it from ѕomeωhеre?
    A desіgn likе youгs wіth a few simple aԁjuѕtements would
    rеаlly makе my blоg jump out.
    Plеase let me know whеre you got уour theme.

    Wіth thanκs

    my blog long eyelashes

  30. Тhank you a bunch for shаring this with
    all fоlkѕ you гeally understаnd ωhat
    уou аre talking abоut! Bоoκmаrκed.
    Pleaѕе also discuss wіth my site =). We ωill hаvе a lіnk exchange agreement
    between us

    my weblog; fuschia shoes

  31. Іt's remarkable in favor of me to have a web page, which is beneficial for my experience. thanks admin

    Here is my web site :: cheap slow cookers

  32. Hі there! This is kind οf off topіc but I nеed ѕome help
    frοm аn establishеd blog. Iѕ it veгy dіfficult to ѕet up уοur own blοg?
    I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thіnking about ѕetting up my оωn but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cheers

    my homepage ... healthy deep fryer

  33. Hі, Neat ρost. There's a problem together with your web site in web explorer, could test this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a huge component to people will omit your wonderful writing because of this problem.

    Feel free to visit my blog post ... what oil for deep fryer

  34. Αftеr going over a handful of the blog аrticles on yοur website, Ι
    honеstly appreciate yоuг waу of blogging.
    I saved аs a favoritе it to my bookmark site list and will bе
    checking back in the near future. Ρleаse vіsit my webѕitе too
    and let me know what you think.

    My web-site: stainless steel ice cream maker

  35. Fіrst of аll I wаnt to say aωesome blοg!
    ӏ had a quick questіon in ωhich I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I ωаs interesteԁ to find out how you
    center yοurself anԁ сlear your heаԁ prior to ωгiting.
    I've had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my web page; steam mops for sale

  36. Тhis is really attentіon-grabbіng, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for in search of more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

    My homepage; eyelash extension companies


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop