06 January 2011

Happy 1st birthday Table Tonic blog!

It was around 8.30pm on the 22nd December 2009, and I was sitting at my computer. Mr Tonic was watching telly, the Mini Tonics were in the land of nod and I, freshly redundant from my career in magazines, had been pondering my future. After 13 fantastic years in the industry, I was finished with magazines and graphic design. And I was sure of it. I wanted to be the student again, rather than the teacher. I wanted to learn and I wanted a challenge. And I'm not sure what came over me, but I started a blog that night. Part of me wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and the other pat of me had a grand plan - I would buy old furniture on ebay, restore/paint it and sell it. A blog would be a nice way to document the process. I gave it a name that was a) relevant to furniture (I had already bought my first piece, a table!) b) was available on Blogger as a blogspot domain name and c) would translate well into some form of shop, whether online or "bricks and mortar". And so Table Tonic, this very blog was born.

Although I missed it's official birthday for a myriad of reasons, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all from a deep place in my heart - Thank you for reading. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your incredibly inspiring and cheery (and helpful!) comments. Thank you for making me feel so welcome and at home in the blogoshere. And to my 600 (!) followers, I am so grateful for each and every one of you.

Had I known what a rewarding experience this was going to be, I would have done it years ago. It's been the trip of a lifetime. Bring on year two - Happy Birthday Table Tonic!

29 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday TT. Good on you Louise for taking a risk. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good for you, Louise! Happy 1st blogoversary and congrats on hitting the big six-oh-oh. Most impressive. You've created such a joyful haven here in Blogland - hats off to you! J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Table Tonic, you're one little gem of a blog ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The warmest of blogging birthday wishes from a very cold and wet UK, Louise! Reading Table Tonic has been such a joy and I can't wait to read more here during 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have met you through your blog Louise. You certainly have been a wonderful addition to the blogosphere.

    Looking forward to lots more wonderful posts from you in 2011.

    All the best.
    Anna
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1st Birthday to you!!!
    Lovely to have met you.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary! Champagne & BuBbles has just had it's 1st birthday too :)

    BuBbles
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday TT Blog
    Thanks for being so generous and constantly delighting and informing.

    Best wishes
    India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Louise. A fine achievement - just look around at what a great place you've created here. Thanks for your lovely blog and your unique and special store. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday TT...well done Louise...you and your blog have been a breath of fresh air here in the blogsphere ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats sweet Lou! And what a job you've done.
    May we celebrate such great victory by alerting your readers to a few Ebay sales here: http://bit.ly/eNfC2N and here: http://bit.ly/fJgKC1?
    After all it's rather apt that you celebrate Table Tonic's 1st b'day with amazing tablewear.
    Happy NY!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy belated birthday :) i look forward to year number two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful milestone - happy, happy 1st!! Thanks for all of the gorgeous inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday!
    It's so interesting reflecting, and it tells you exactly how far you have come!! :)
    WOW 600 followers, in one year, that's incredible, keep up the good work! (Puts my 65 to shame, but then again it's not a contest!!)

    Take care Louise, looking forward to reading more, and to see the finished result of your home renovation.

    Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 1st birthday TT! You bring so much sunshine into the blogosphere!
    So looking forward to year 2!
    -Jordana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your blog is only a year old?! That is staggering... Clearly, you were born to do this. I love it.

    Happy New Year to you! I can't wait to see what Table Tonic comes up with in 2011, something tells me it's going to be great...

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's amazing to see just how far you have come in one year! cognrats!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Bloggy Birthday! Once you have a blog it is dificult to imagine life without it, isn't it? Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to you! I love hearing how blogs start and yours is a great story. I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for you and Table Tonic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your story - I had wondered where the name came from - a great one by the way. Happy Bloggy Birthday.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...can't believe you have only been here a year. You have done an amazing job. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy blog birthday Louise. Reading your blog is a must and I'd have to say that I think you give out just as much as you get...probably more! I can't imagine not popping in here for all your fabulousness :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Has that been a year???? NO WAY. You are so bloody clever, making something out of nothing. Well done to you love xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 1st Birthday TT!!! AND what a year it has been for you Mrs Tonic! You have blown us away with your flair for style, your wit, down-to-earthiness and your remarkable ability to be featured in every magazine to hit the shelves hee hee... you clever woman you. Thanks for a year full of delightful and inspiring posts and here's to another! Son xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woohooo. Congrats. You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Though the journey to one has passed, may it only be a fleeting moment experienced in the journey of a lifetime. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh hello! I love, love, love your blog! Please come back full force....every am I see the earth with the holly, i worry..........your home is great, etc. but my morning isn't the same without tons of tonic! laurel in oregon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy blog birthday Louise! Congrats on a great year! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop