08 January 2011

Can you marry a vacuum cleaner?

You know when you move into a new house and you just want everything to be clean and shiny and nice 24/7? That's me right now. I'm calling it the Hoover Honeymoon, because I know full well it will wear off. But hey, we have two kids on school holidays and a bucketload of dust/leaves/winged-insect-y-things-with-a-24-hour-lifespan flying around and this is my new obsession, the Dyson "Digital Slim" cordless vacuum cleaner. Hardly a bargain at $469, although we bought ours here at Appliances Online for $404 (along with our new oven, rangehood and dishwasher (all delivered for free!). I use it hourly daily for a quick whip around and it has exceeded expectations. And at risk of sounding like a bloke, it's one sexy piece of machinery. Wait, I think I see something over there on the floor...


  1. you can totally marry your dyson!
    living on a farm, i know little flying things with a 24 hr lifespan and dust too well and the dyson has been a godsend. I am actually considering buying a hand held one too so i can zip around the house with it - i feel like i am in a perpetual state of cleaning. i think the hand held would make life somewhat easier.

  2. Seriously considering this one for a while - Its just so handy to run around sans cord.
    And you can totally marry a Vacuum.

  3. Hmmmm.... now you've really got me thinking Louise, I was only cursing our current vacuum cleaner this morning and vowing to get a new one, your post seems to be very timely!

  4. You can of course marry your hoover. For myself I chose to marry my car.

    And when you get out of the city, this is one crazy wild country. You need all the help you can get.

  5. Great post...I know just what you mean about wanting things to be all clean and shiny! Sometimes when everything is done, and it looks great!... And then, the constant pine needles (we live in the pacific northwest)get brought in on everybodys shoes etc...oh it can drive me batty.
    your new friend is really cute.

  6. I dream of a Dyson! ANd thanks for the heads up on appliances online, it's fantastic and will come in very handy for me very soon. xx

  7. I love my dyson and it has been 5 years, there were a few upgrades in there but the honeymoon is still here. See if the flexible crevice tool works on your machine. It will seriously change your life.

  8. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really
    something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to
    get the hang of it!

    My web site ... wonder file

  9. Hello, I log on to your blogs on a regular basis. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep
    up the good work!

    Feel free to surf to my site holiday gift ideas

  10. Heya! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

    Take a look at my site: tv products

  11. Hey there! I've been following your website for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!

    Feel free to surf to my website ... flashlights you shake

  12. Thanks , I have just been looking for information approximately
    this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I've came upon so far. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive concerning the source?

    my web blog :: lemon juicers

  13. Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so afterward you will absolutely obtain good know-how.

    my blog anecdote.com.au

  14. I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    Here is my weblog :: http://www.salsaport.com

  15. you are really a good webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible.
    It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a excellent job in this subject!

    Here is my weblog; magnetized flashlights

  16. I just like the valuable info you provide for your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more here
    frequently. I am reasonably certain I will be informed plenty of new
    stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the following!

    My website ... omega juicers

  17. My brother suggested I may like this website. He was once totally right.
    This publish actually made my day. You can not consider simply how
    a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my website ... commercial juicers

  18. I every time spent my half an hour to read this webpage's articles every day along with a mug of coffee.

    My website; http://wiki.avesta.info/

  19. Spot on with this write-up, I seriously think this
    amazing site needs much more attention. I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the info!

    Here is my web-site ... greenstarjuicerreview.webstarts.com

  20. Hi there i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i
    read this post i thought i could also make comment due to this good article.

    Visit my web site ... jack la lane power juicer

  21. Hey are using Wordpress for your blog platform?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set
    up my own. Do you need any html coding knowledge to make
    your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

    My weblog juice extractors

  22. My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a
    different web page and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page yet again.

    Feel free to surf to my website ... www.boidepot.com

  23. I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work
    and exposure! Keep up the superb works guys I've added you guys to our blogroll.

    My blog post ... breville juice fountain

  24. Currently it seems like BlogEngine is the best blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?

    My web page ... christmas Shopping

  25. It's an remarkable piece of writing in support of all the online users; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

    Feel free to visit my web blog juicer seen on tv

  26. Your method of telling everything in this paragraph
    is actually pleasant, all be capable of without difficulty be aware of it,
    Thanks a lot.

    My page: http://elcomohacer.com/index.php?title=Modifying_Hands_Once_Again_With_Sytropin

  27. This paragraph presents clear idea for the new viewers of blogging, that genuinely how to
    do blogging and site-building.

    my website reverse osmosis filtration

  28. My brother recommended I may like this blog.
    He was entirely right. This publish actually made my day.
    You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

    Review my web blog breville juicer

  29. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's
    time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

    Feel free to visit my weblog - http://wiki.spanishcity.net/wiki/Really_Hard_Erection_Energy_New_Sexual_Powerhouse_Herbs


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop