29 November 2010

Table Tonic Top 5: Interiors books

A crop of hot new interiors titles have just hit the shelves, so start writing those wishlists, Tonic-ettes!


(below) "For years (the now defunct) "Metropolitan Home" magazine published a favourite annual issue known as the "Design 100", which honoured invention and creativity in international design. "Metropolitan Home's Design 100" is, in a sense, a book-size version of the best selling issue, focusing on the best homes and the best rooms ever to have appeared in "Met Home".


(below) "'Interiors by yoo' aims to inspire the reader with design advice and thoughts from four of the most talented names in the design world: superstar designer Philippe Starck, rock royalty Jade Jagger, avantgarde Dutchman Marcel Wanders and queen of low-key luxe Kelly Hoppen. Over 192 pages, it brings together yoo’s most cutting-edge interior design projects for hotels and private residences around the world."


(below) "'Real Life Decor' brims with ideas for repurposing, reusing or replacing your accents and furniture to keep your home fresh and functional as well as wallet-friendly. Illustrated with lively photos and simple how-tos, the book is divided into 7 sections that offer multiple approaches to dressing up walls, sewing simple soft furnishings, recycling old furniture, brightening lamps and accents, making multipurpose furnishings and storage, and sprucing up floors and ceilings."


 (below) "Taschen's Architecture Now! 7 features an arching overview of today's architecture, from modern to radically avant-garde. As with previous books in the series, Architecture Now! 7 includes a broad variety of projects from around the world, as well as some works of art that have a direct relation to architecture, from the likes of Giacomo Costa or Shinro Ohtake."


(below) "The 21st century has brought glamour and her sisters, decoration and ornamentation back into home design news. Glamour: Making It Modern reconsiders the homes featured in Metropolitan Home magazine through the following sections:1. Concepts: looks at the defining general notions of Modern Glamour, such as sheen and scale. 2. Objects: examines elements of home decoration which are inherently glamorous. 3. Rooms: tours homes where everything comes glamorously together. With a directory of the designers, some of the best in the business, and a list of resources for available products, Glamour: Making It Modern is purely inspirational and absolutely accessible."


Where to buy? As always, try Book Depository (free shipping worldwide!), Amazon, Booktopia...

23 comments:

  1. Oooh some good ideas here, I LOVE home decor books, so inspiring:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Met. Home books have my name on them..........!!KG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all- thanks for the great list Louise!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations. Time to update the Christmas wish list!
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and
    I am impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info
    much. I was seeking this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    My homepage video downloader

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cаn also buy bundle deals, which most raԁio stationѕ οffer,
    to dеcreаse the overall ad cost. Also, by
    having a radio internship in your resume, there is a better
    сhance for you to become a DJ when you apply for a jοb in any radіo station in thе nation.
    A MOВILE AΡP GIVΕS TΗE STATION A DIRECT ΜARKETING CHANNEL TO
    COMMUNICAТE WITH THEIR LIЅTENERS.

    Revіew mу web-site :: click the following document
    My page - youtube converter

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can also buy bundle deаls, which most raԁio stаtіonѕ offer,
    to decreаse the overall ad coѕt. The line сοmes оff the
    boat аutomatіcallу once іt hits a
    fish, which means thаt the uѕeг can саtch a fish
    of virtuаlly anу sizе. It is a moгe rеliаble chоiсe when compаreԁ to traԁitional cоncrete or wooden barriеrs
    foг severаl геasons.

    Αlsο ѵisit my wеbpage ::
    spiele spielen
    my webpage: spiele spielen kostenlos

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you quit, you can immediately feel its decision within 24 hours, health benefits, which can cause you to not smoke forever.
    Hold your device on end to locate two small screws on either side
    of the dock. Rechargeable batteries last longer than single use batteries before disposal and reduce the number of batteries you
    buy.

    Here is my web-site ... kostenlos spielen ohne anmeldung
    Also see my webpage: videos von youtube downloaden

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you decide to pursue SEO as a way to generate revenue, you must beware that you will open yourself up to a host of new scam
    products. Docking was inevitably delayed, and as I waited,
    the local station began playing Young the Giant's "My Body. The Zune application has been available for a couple of years now, and as well as being the ideal desktop media player that handles movies, music, TV and photos, it is also designed to sync with media players and Windows Phone while providing you with access to the Zune Marketplace to purchase music and video.

    My website internet radio sender
    Also see my webpage - babykick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This particular CD will be the bare bones of songs my fans might never get the chance to
    hear otherwise. other antlered Teachers like Deer or Elk,
    Animals like Bear, Wolf, squirrel, snowshoe hare, cougar, raccoon, otter, weasel, snake, seal,
    mouse, or bobcat. The Ped Egg is one of the few infomercial products I've seen that actually works, and it is perfect for sloughing off your worst dried skin.

    My web blog ... Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! That’s a extremely great post. I’m very certain
    I will suggest it to my co-workers.In the event you post extra posts please email them to me.


    Also visit my web site :: why am i not getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the good data you’ve here on this post.
    I shall be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Here is my webpage :: game table

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the good information you could have right here on
    this post. I will likely be coming back to your blog for extra soon.


    Also visit my weblog: SEO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the good data you might have right here on this post.
    I shall be coming again to your blog for extra
    soon.

    Visit my web site: ikea pax wardrobe with sliding doors for sale

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whats up! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice information you’ve got right here on this post.
    I can be coming back to your blog for extra soon.

    Check out my website ... before i die papa roach lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.

    I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back later in
    life. I want to encourage you continue your great work, have
    a nice weekend!

    Stop by my website - Saffronextractreview123.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice info you may have here on this post.
    I shall be coming again to your blog for more soon.

    Also visit my web-site semi auto bb gun pistols

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

    Here is my website - how to cure hemorrhoids (http://coropolis.com/profile/geoffreyma)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are in fact wonderful ideas in on the topic
    of blogging. You have touched some good factors here. Any way keep
    up wrinting.

    My website - spray latex paint

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and
    wanted to mention that I've truly loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I'm hoping you write again soon!


    Review my homepage :: acid reflux disease symptom

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good day! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have got
    here on this post. I will probably be coming again to your weblog for more soon.



    my web blog :: free music downloads for phones from verizon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Link exchange is nothing else however it is just
    placing the other person's weblog link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do same in favor of you.

    Also visit my page: how to treat acid reflux

    ReplyDelete
  23. Howdy! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs
    up for the nice information you could have here on this post.

    I can be coming again to your blog for more soon.


    Visit my page caster semenya's car

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop