01 October 2010

"When you buy quality, you only cry once"

So remember this post? Where I proclaimed my undying love for a certain Mulberry Neely Leopard bag? Well, bugger Santa (I'm impatient like that), I kind of bought it for myself. At 10pm. On my birthday. I know. I actually feel a bit sick. But it finally arrived from Germany (stylebop.com) this morning and ohhhhhhh my giddy aunt, it's GORGEOUS!!!! Here's how the morning unfolded:


Mr UPS knocks on the door. I feel like kissing him*.
*I don't.


The box is pink and pretty and thick and heavy, and...


*SQUEAL! SQUEAL! SQUEAL!*


She's everything I imagined - all slouchy calf hair 
and chocolate brown suede... and BIG!


(below) Naomi Campbell and her Leopard Neely...

Coolspotters 

So far, she's seen the inside of a daycare centre and the coffee shop, but this weekend? That's gonna change. I'm showing her a good time! Hopefully she'll be over her jetlag soon...

And I'm going to justify her with my favourite new expression: 
"When you buy quality, you only cry once".

17 comments:

  1. What a brilliant birthday present to yourself. Mulberry stuff is fantastic - it goes on and on and on. I've only ever bought from their factory shop and even that is legendary, but to buy the proper stuff seems so very grown up. Good onyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh myyyy looorrd!
    I think i felt at least part of your excitiment there! Bugger it - you so deserve it! A reward to yourself for a successful first year in business! you go girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh & is the crying when you see your bank statment? ...or when your husband sees it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS BAG! I'd be sleeping with her tonight :)

    BuBbles
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello style, this bag is hot {yes I just gave you a Paris Hilton word} but it just is!

    You need to show us how you are wearing it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your Mulberry handbag! I have the A4 Roxy Tote in Tan and let's just say they get better with age (as do we!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. im not usually a fan of the leopard print, but this bag is gorgeous ... ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have now moved way up on my idol list! :) love your BAG and your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. if i ever get to australia (and i have family there so it is possible) i am going to steal that bag from you. probably in the grocery store. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE it. Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love it, and love receiving mulberrylove

    ReplyDelete
  12. J'adore!! What a sensational bag! I actually came across a very similar quote just this morning: “When you buy something cheap and bad, the best you’re going to feel about it is when you buy it. When you buy something expensive and good, the worst you’re going to feel about it is when you buy it.” You will get a lifetime of use out of this, I am sure..and Happy belated birthday :) Enjoy your present!

    ReplyDelete
  13. J'adore!! What a sensational bag! I actually came across a very similar quote just this morning: “When you buy something cheap and bad, the best you’re going to feel about it is when you buy it. When you buy something expensive and good, the worst you’re going to feel about it is when you buy it.” You will get a lifetime of use out of this, I am sure..and Happy belated birthday :) Enjoy your present!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have now moved way up on my idol list! :) love your BAG and your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop