05 October 2010

Tips & solutions for an organised home!

A brand spanking new Howard's Storage World catalogue just hit the stores (and they're free!), so you officially have no excuse for having a disorganized home! It looks like a nice one, and I've included some great tips for sticking a rocket up your kitchen & bathroom, thanks to the Howard's peeps. And they know their stuff, let's face it! 

1. When planning your pantry, create a zone that the kids can easily reach. This should include a shelf or basket where breakfast cereal and healthy snacks are kept. Empowering your kids to serve their own breakfast and choose a healthy lunch is an important step in their learning, and will also save you precious time in the morning.
2. Find goods in your pantry easily by grouping like items such as condiments and packets. Store the groups in quality Linus Bins & Pullz to make it faster to find and avoid grocery double-up. You will save money and time when you can easily see what you have.
3. Label shelves and storage containers so others in the family know where to return/stock pantry goods.

1. Save time by getting the whole family to pre-sort their laundry while sill in the bathroom!  Invest in a hamper with separate compartments to divide your whites and colours. The Bamboo Hamper Double is a stylish option.
2. Easily access you makeup by grouping and storing it clear acrylic organisers in the bathroom.  This will save you time everyday.
3. Organising your bathroom cupboard? Think in zones. Keep most used items within easy reach in the ‘A grade’ zone at arm level. Above ane below this space store less accessed items.
4. Manage your bathroom inventory better by ensuring everything has a place. Why buy more lotions simply because you can’t find the ones you have?


  1. Thanks for posting this, Louise, it totally calls out to my OCD side!

  2. ha! i so agree will - i think anyone in the design industry must be a bit ocd! Good to know its not just me thats nuts ;)

  3. OH I can not wait to get in there to pick it up!

    Actually, I am phoning my local store now and having them send me one.

  4. Great tips! I like looking through the Howard's Storage catalogues too for ideas on making our home more tidy and organized :)

  5. I love some good organising tips.....now to just put them into action! KG

  6. Yep.. organisation is the key to a sane mind I reckon! my first impression was 'clever art' when I saw the cover of the Howards new catlogue. Then as i looked closer i recognised the yellow dot...it's my lemon squeezer! for real! cheers kari

  7. Well i work for howards! and yes, we know our stuff!! come and see us in store, we are always happy to help when and where we can to help declutter and reorganize your home!

  8. It's fantastic, isn't it? And hey, if you love buying the products but then don't know what to do with them in your own home, ask a Professional Organiser to help you out!

  9. Hi mates, how is all, and what you desire to say regarding
    this post, in my view its actually awesome
    designed for me.

    My web blog - gift ideas for men

  10. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than
    just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and
    everything. Nevertheless imagine if you added some great images
    or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is
    excellent but with pics and video clips, this site could certainly be one of the very best in its niche.
    Good blog!

    Here is my weblog: electric juicer easy

  11. I truly love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you
    make this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I'm planning to create my own personal website and want to know where you got this from or what the theme is called. Kudos!

    my homepage :: “eat your fruits and vegetables”. now

  12. I am curious to find out what blog platform you are using?

    I'm having some small security issues with my latest site and I'd like to
    find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?

    Also visit my weblog; lotro-pedia.de

  13. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Many thanks!

    Feel free to visit my web page; breville juice fountain

  14. Hey are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.

    Do you require any html coding expertise to make your
    own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    My site :: juice extractors

  15. I'm really loving the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A handful of my blog readers have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

    Review my web-site commercial juicers

  16. Hey! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

    Have a look at my homepage; holiday gift ideas

  17. Hi there all, here every person is sharing these know-how, thus it's good to read this webpage, and I used to pay a visit this webpage everyday.

    my webpage: wiki.itkm.ru

  18. I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's
    pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    my site - recipes for juicers

  19. This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
    Appreciate it!

    Also visit my webpage - markets.financialcontent.com

  20. I just like the helpful info you provide to your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again right here regularly.
    I'm moderately certain I will be told many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the next!

    My homepage ... jack la lane power juicer

  21. Why users still make use of to read news papers when in this
    technological globe the whole thing is presented on net?

    Here is my site; phvi.ch

  22. Very descriptive post, I enjoyed that a lot.
    Will there be a part 2?

    Also visit my web site - juice Extractors

  23. Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your submit is just cool and that i can suppose you're an expert on this subject. Well along with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with drawing close post. Thanks one million and please continue the rewarding work.

    Here is my web site water vacuum on tv


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop