12 October 2010

Mark Tuckey: An oldie but a goldie!

I recently stumbled upon this juicy little tidbit about Mark & Louella Tuckey's Clareville home (which they  purchased in March 2009): "The Clareville beachfront bungalow "Iluka" has been sold for about $3.1 million through LJ Hooker Avalon agent David Watson. The classic 1950s P&O style beach house with mid-1990s extension by architect Alex Popov last traded at $1,575,000 in 1999. Iluka was once known worldwide when it was used as a set location in the television soap, Home And Away. It has been bought by Mark Tuckey, the Melbourne timber furniture maker who, with his interior designer wife, Louella, now have a Newport Beach shop." 
(Title Deeds by
Jonathan Chancellor, Sydney Morning Herald, 22/08/2009)

(above) BEFORE
(above) AFTER

And PS Inside? Swoon on a grand scale!


  1. Ah,I saw this in a magazine and thought it was the home and Away house! Thanks for confirming :)

  2. Nice paint job .. but what did they do to the grass???

  3. Wow - you're so good on all of the news Louise! Loved this post.


  4. Well spotted! I love what they've done with the exterior. I wonder what it looks like inside... razzle I'll bet. x

  5. That is one of my favourite homes of all time.. those two have fantastic style! x

  6. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
    say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    After all I will be subscribing to your feed and
    I hope you write again soon!

    Look into my blog :: waist to height ratio


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop