03 August 2010

10 Things That Make me Happy: Table Tonic

An enormous thank you to the very stylish Caitlin over at Sacramento Street for asking me to take part in her "10 Things" series". Head on over and say hi. She's a sweetie. Oh, and PS, here's what I said:

1. My Babies: Jasper Julian (6) and Anoushka Willow (2), who melt my heart, make me laugh and drive me crazy on a daily basis. I never knew I was capable of feeling this much love and happiness until I first became a mummy, 6 years ago.

2. Tabletonic.com.au: My other baby! Haha. (You think I'm joking, don't you?) Click to shop!

3. Magazines: It's unnatural how much I love magazines. I love buying them, I love reading them and lord knows, I love hoarding them! I cannot bring myself to throw out a magazine. At all. Ever. Just can't. I think know I speak for everyone when I say these are/were my absolute faves.

4. My Home: A beautiful home in Sydney, Australia, which I share with my Architect husband, 2 kiddies and an Italian greyhound called Audrey. My genius husband designed our extensive renovation, which we completed in early 2008. It's an still an old soul, but with a modern touch!

5. Jewellery: This is an all time favorite piece of mine, and call me materialistic, but it makes me verrry happy! I love that it's so colourful and the design and craftmanship is truly gorgeous. Even more special, is the fact that it comes from Jan Logan, the same store my husband bought my engagement ring from! The necklace was a recent birthday gift from both him and my parents.

6. Sia: If you haven't heard of Sia, please visit YouTube (and subsequently, iTunes), and turn the volume up to 11! Sia is Australia's finest. I just adore her music. Here most recent album, "We are Born" is the perfect cheer-up music! Every song is an absolute winner.

7. Audrey: Also known as "Best. Dog. Ever." We all kill Audrey with kindness, and after almost 2 years of owning her, we still fight over who's lap she sits on/bed she sleeps in.

8. New York: Do you remember the first time you visited The Big Apple? For me, it was only a few years ago, (but on the upside, it was all expenses paid!). I had the pleasure of spending an incredible few days on the inside of this building, the newly (at the time) finished Hearst magazines HQ, and on the last night? A four course dinner on the top floor. 

9. Modern Wisdom: It's so easy to trudge through life, head down, without much thought for the magic that keeps the world turning. Some call it inspiration, others call it poppycock. I call it modern wisdom. And it makes me happy. This little montage cam from Yellowtrace.

10. Good Architecture: Marrying an Architect has opened my eyes to so many things which I, previously, never gave a second thought to. The way a wall meets the ceiling. The height of a door. The width of an opening. This image (above) is possibly the most recognizable of Frank Lloyd Wright's houses, the majestic "Falling Water" - a favorite of my husband's.


  1. What about your awesome friends!!!!!

  2. That's a nice list. A good mix of happy things. I would like to visit New York one day and I like your mix of modern wisdoms - there are some clever and cute ones around. The headings and layout of your '10 things' look pretty cool too.

  3. Great '10 things' list Louise!

  4. Popped over to say hi! Anne over at annechovie mentioned you today and I had to come over to see what all the fuss was about! Now I see. Great blog, and I love your pillows!

  5. Well can I say your children are divinely named, I also like those magazines, that golden gilty mirror you have is superb and architecture is one of life's real pleasures. FLW and all the others I love to death. Oh and Sia. Who knew she was Australian? I didn't until just recently!

  6. Shallow as it may sound - i am a jewellery and magazine girl too! Great list...KG

  7. Great list, I love all your 10 things too.

  8. Love your list and the sentiment expressed. Your kids look so sweet.

    Agree wholeheartedly with the magazine obsession. I have 15+ years worth in storage at my parents. Just can't throw them out!

    Also very jealous of your Jan Logan necklace. I have a few Love and Hatred pieces but nothing from Jan Logan as yet - next on my jewellery hit list!

  9. Love your list!!! Very fun to read!!! xx

  10. Love all your loves and just love your blog! So much style... now I'm of to check out sia... need some new tunes in a bad way!

  11. Loving the pics Louise esp the kids! PS...Suss out montresor.com.au they have such gorgeous girly things for lil ones!(After seeing Anoushka in her tiara and how girly and princess like she looks):)

  12. Love your list Louise!! Your kids are such cutie-pies!!

    xoxo Laura

  13. With ԁozenѕ оf radio apрs for i -
    Ρhone aνailable in i - Tunes, theгe iѕ an app foг еѵery саtegoгy of music lоνer to love.
    Thе broadcastіng proceѕs is not compliсаteԁ aѕ all the equipments essential агe еasіly avaіlable but with nеw ideaѕ соming
    up eveгу ԁay, neω requіrements rise ωith new criterіa of tranѕmission liκе Dаb Digital Radio anԁ DRM.

    Proffering multifariouѕ bеnefitѕ to the аdvеrtiѕеrs, it is а quintessentiаl гeѕоrt foг companies big or small.

    mу web-ѕіtе :: kostenlos spiele spielen

  14. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog
    and wanted to mention that I have really loved browsing your weblog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing on your feed and I'm hoping you write again soon!

    Feel free to surf to my blog buy solar cells toronto

  15. I pay a quick visit daily some sites and sites to read articles
    or reviews, but this webpage presents quality based writing.

    My web blog :: fctnm.org

  16. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to
    your website? My blog site is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users
    would really benefit from some of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you.

    my web site How to get rid of stretch marks

  17. I am really pleased to glance at this web site posts which carries tons of helpful information, thanks for providing such data.

    Also visit my blog post; http://wiki.vvvay.net/index.php/Участник:MariettaS


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop