An enormous thank you to the very stylish Caitlin over at Sacramento Street for asking me to take part in her "10 Things" series". Head on over and say hi. She's a sweetie. Oh, and PS, here's what I said:
1. My Babies: Jasper Julian (6) and Anoushka Willow (2), who melt my heart, make me laugh and drive me crazy on a daily basis. I never knew I was capable of feeling this much love and happiness until I first became a mummy, 6 years ago.
2. Tabletonic.com.au: My other baby! Haha. (You think I'm joking, don't you?) Click to shop!
3. Magazines: It's unnatural how much I love magazines. I love buying them, I love reading them and lord knows, I love hoarding them! I cannot bring myself to throw out a magazine. At all. Ever. Just can't. I
4. My Home: A beautiful home in Sydney, Australia, which I share with my Architect husband, 2 kiddies and an Italian greyhound called Audrey. My genius husband designed our extensive renovation, which we completed in early 2008. It's an still an old soul, but with a modern touch!
5. Jewellery: This is an all time favorite piece of mine, and call me materialistic, but it makes me verrry happy! I love that it's so colourful and the design and craftmanship is truly gorgeous. Even more special, is the fact that it comes from Jan Logan, the same store my husband bought my engagement ring from! The necklace was a recent birthday gift from both him and my parents.
6. Sia: If you haven't heard of Sia, please visit YouTube (and subsequently, iTunes), and turn the volume up to 11! Sia is Australia's finest. I just adore her music. Here most recent album, "We are Born" is the perfect cheer-up music! Every song is an absolute winner.
7. Audrey: Also known as "Best. Dog. Ever." We all kill Audrey with kindness, and after almost 2 years of owning her, we still fight over who's lap she sits on/bed she sleeps in.
8. New York: Do you remember the first time you visited The Big Apple? For me, it was only a few years ago, (but on the upside, it was all expenses paid!). I had the pleasure of spending an incredible few days on the inside of this building, the newly (at the time) finished Hearst magazines HQ, and on the last night? A four course dinner on the top floor.
9. Modern Wisdom: It's so easy to trudge through life, head down, without much thought for the magic that keeps the world turning. Some call it inspiration, others call it poppycock. I call it modern wisdom. And it makes me happy. This little montage cam from Yellowtrace.
10. Good Architecture: Marrying an Architect has opened my eyes to so many things which I, previously, never gave a second thought to. The way a wall meets the ceiling. The height of a door. The width of an opening. This image (above) is possibly the most recognizable of Frank Lloyd Wright's houses, the majestic "Falling Water" - a favorite of my husband's.