What I loved this week:
1. A photo shoot at our place on Friday (can't spill just yet!), meant we were lucky enough to keep these incredible Sweet Peas and (below them) David Austen Roses. I wish you could smell the roses. I've never in my life smelled anything like it. PS They came from Portobello Rose (42 Sailors Bay Road, Northbridge, Sydney), the type of florist that makes you want to chuck it all in and sell flowers for a living. And I think I spotted some Samantha Robinson vases in the window too!
2. Cracked open a fresh pair of Converse All Stars this week. Like most mums and/or creative types, these are my uniform (along with Nudie "Thin Finns" and a white tee), and despite the fact that they aren't terribly warm, I've chosen to pair mine with the trusty Holeproof Explorer Sock (I could marry them), in an effort to continue wearing them right through winter. Hands up who loves "Connies"?
3. Picked up some $10 hoodies from Cotton On Kids for Jasper yesterday. Love that. And who took a liking to them? Anoushka. And yes, she wanted to wear it to bed too. (Check out the sleeves - rolled up 17 times!) Size 8 (he's 6 and lanky) clothing on a 2 year old? Always funny.
4. Mr Tonic cooked last night. A rare occurence, but always worth waiting for, as he nails it every time. On the menu? The most mouth wateringly perfect Lamb Shanks, courtesy of Stephanie Alexander's Cook's Companion. We call it the bible. Buy it. No really. Here. PS Didn't make the couscous or the chickpeas, as we just wanted a lovely shank recipe, and Stephie A. is always right on the money.
5. What are we making tonight? THIS! (Click to enlarge). Thank you Good Living.
How was your week? Loves? Loathes? PS The "comments not appearing" thingy is now resolved, so leave me a comment! Pleasepleaseplease! I'll love you for it. I will.