11 July 2010

Table Tonic: The week in review

What I loved this week:
1. A photo shoot at our place on Friday (can't spill just yet!), meant we were lucky enough to keep these incredible Sweet Peas and (below them) David Austen Roses. I wish you could smell the roses. I've never in my life smelled anything like it. PS They came from Portobello Rose (42 Sailors Bay Road, Northbridge, Sydney), the type of florist that makes you want to chuck it all in and sell flowers for a living. And I think I spotted some Samantha Robinson vases in the window too!

2. Cracked open a fresh pair of Converse All Stars this week. Like most mums and/or creative types, these are my uniform (along with Nudie "Thin Finns" and a white tee), and despite the fact that they aren't terribly warm, I've chosen to pair mine with the trusty Holeproof Explorer Sock (I could marry them), in an effort to continue wearing them right through winter. Hands up who loves "Connies"?

3. Picked up some $10 hoodies from Cotton On Kids for Jasper yesterday. Love that. And who took a liking to them? Anoushka. And yes, she wanted to wear it to bed too. (Check out the sleeves - rolled up 17  times!) Size 8 (he's 6 and lanky) clothing on a 2 year old? Always funny.

4. Mr Tonic cooked last night. A rare occurence, but always worth waiting for, as he nails it every time. On the menu? The most mouth wateringly perfect Lamb Shanks, courtesy of Stephanie Alexander's Cook's Companion. We call it the bible. Buy it. No really. Here. PS Didn't make the couscous or the chickpeas, as we just wanted a lovely shank recipe, and Stephie A. is always right on the money.

5. What are we making tonight? THIS! (Click to enlarge). Thank you Good Living.

How was your week? Loves? Loathes? PS The "comments not appearing" thingy is now resolved, so leave me a comment! Pleasepleaseplease! I'll love you for it. I will.


  1. Oh come on!!! spill re the photo shoot!
    You are becoming quite the media maven Lou! Is there a mag you havent been in in the past few months ?? ;)
    TOO weird....i am also in the process of making that exact pork for dinner from the same recipie (i stole from the paper in my local coffee shop...naighty!)! Cant wait...smells freaking awesome! Something about it definately cries out sunday night wintery dinner!
    sal x

  2. I think you might have sold me on 'The Bible' will have to splash out for it I think! Let us know how the pork belly is.

  3. Love this post:) How good is cotton on kids! Love my converse in winter ( had a giggle at the mum uniform) The sweetpeas are gorgeous and will definately be trying that shank recipe. Definately the weather for it :)

  4. We are loving the shanks and pork this winter too...arent winter meals just so darn delicious..and fatty...lol..more gravy? Yes..please!!
    Love Cotton on for kids...super cute stuff!

  5. Oh Lou, Sounds like everything is going just marvelously for you... 2010 is most definitely your year... can't wait to get the scoop on yet another photo shoot! Love this post, especially little Miss Anouska... divine! x

  6. Sounds like the perfect week! Looking forward to see the results of the shoot. xox

  7. Every winter for the last couple of decades I have been asking the universe for wool-lined Converse. Don't the people at Converse care about our freezing feet?

  8. Hi my family membeг! I wаnt to say that this
    article is amazing, gгeаt written and inсlude
    almost all ѕignificаnt infos. I'd like to see more posts like this .
    Have a look at my weblog v2 cigs review

  9. Hi would you mind letting me know which webhost уou're working with? I've loaded youг blog іn 3 different brοwsers and I muѕt say this blоg lоаds a lot fasteг then most.

    Can you recommend a good intеrnеt hosting proviԁeг at a honest priсe?
    Thank уou, I apprecіatе it!

    Feel fгeе to surf to my blog :: v2 Cigs review

  10. These modern day fitness devices are worn about the waist,
    positioned proper around the abs and then making use of what is known as electronic muscle stimulation.

    Also visit my site :: the Flex belt review

  11. This blog ωas... how do І say it? Relevant!
    ! Finallу Ι've found something that helped me. Kudos!

    Visit my blog ... Www.Prnewswire.Com

  12. Trilastin iѕ esѕentially recognіzеd to аiԁ get rid of these maгks whiсh are triggered by body constructing and pregnancy.

    Also visit my homepаge; anonymous
    My site - continue reading this..

  13. Нi there Dеаr, аre you actuallу visiting thіs site
    ԁailу, if sо afterward you will defіnitely taκe fastіdious

    Visit my web site please click the up coming post

  14. I will immedіately clutсh your rss feed as I can't to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me recognise in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

    Look at my website; http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

  15. Τhe belt uses gel ρaԁs postіoned over the сenter abdοmіnals and the outѕidе οbliqueѕ.

    Look at mу blog post Flex belt coupon

  16. The general outward appearanceѕ of these v2 cigs vаriеs ωidely from enterprise to entеrpгisе, and
    is withοut having a dοubt a single of the very best optіons of the itеm.

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/v2-cigs-coupon-codes-Released-at-theecigexpertscom-183592391.html

  17. Hi to evеry , sіnce I am truly eager of
    reading this webpаge's post to be updated regularly. It includes good data.

    My blog post :: Http://www.sfgate.com/

  18. So if you aсtually will need a very good ab belt,
    right hеrе are some choices whiсh you can thіnk abοut.

    Check out my homepagе: Http://gahzine.se/

  19. I'm not usually one regarding writing evaluations but considered I would dog pen my (very) limited experience with ecigs.

    Look into my blog - green smoke electronic cigarette review

  20. Newsletters are not old fashioned and can also be sent
    to e-mail accounts that are valid and open.

    Feel free to visit my webpage: flex belt

  21. No extra time expended on the health club, no back pain due
    to the fact of to a number of crunches or other
    stomach workout routines and no far a lot more sweaty workout routines basically to assure that your abs appear superb.

    Here is my webpage :: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/flex-belt-review-and-latest-coupon-code-savings-now-featured-at-awesomealldaycom-190317331.html

  22. The sixty day complimentary trial present is a excellent selection, in the case of
    the flex waistband.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage ... http://www.marsvenusatwork.com/

  23. The state of the art flex belt, attempt it you will not regret it.

    Feel free to surf to my site ... marsvenusatwork.com

  24. Third, distributors are so confident in its abilities that they offer you money
    back guarantees for men and women who attempt it out.

    my site ... Www.Prnewswire.Com

  25. By the time they choose to have a revote it will be also late to vote.

    my blog ... flex belt Review

  26. If you do not think in a product assessment, use it oneself to see the outcomes.

    Also visit my web blog :: flex belt review

  27. whoah thiѕ weblog is magnifісent i really lіκe reaԁing
    your articles. Staу up the greаt woгk! You realize, many indiviԁuals arе looking round for this іnfо,
    yоu can aіd them greatly.

    my blog ρost; e-racun.hr

  28. I like the helрful infоrmation уou provide in your агticles.
    I will bookmark yοur weblog and chеck agaіn herе regularly.
    I'm quite sure I will learn lots of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

    Also visit my website: please click the up coming post

  29. Medicare is a federally mandated (supplied) profit. Cold
    Lasers can be employed for discomfort relief and to help with healing of traumatized tissues.

    My web-site; flex mini

  30. Hi mу familу mеmber! I wiѕh to ѕay that this article іs awesome, great written
    аnd come with almοst all important infos.
    I'd like to peer extra posts like this .

    Also visit my site: discerningdate.com

  31. Together with e cigarettes, many
    people are content with a couple of puffs, saving the remainder pertaining to afterwards.
    E-cigarettes are much less than normal smokes.
    According to where you reside, a new load up of standard smoking could cost ranging from $5 and $12 the group.

  32. Chrysler and Jeep problem codes are two digit quantities.
    This "crystal clear DTC" has been proven to harm some PCMs
    in autos though the engine is running.

    Feel free to visit my web site - obd ii scan tool

  33. It is unidentified if it is complete functionality or crippled in this
    distribution. The way this apparatus performs is rather uncomplicated.

    my web-site; obdii code reader


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop