27 July 2010

"Seek the strongest color effect possible..."

"Blue is the male principle, stern and spiritual. Yellow the female principle, gentle, cheerful and sensual. Red is matter, brutal and heavy and always the colour which must be fought and vanquished by the other two".  - Franz Marc

Living etc.

"Seek the strongest color effect possible... the content is of no importance". - Henri Matisse


"Color has taken possession of me; no longer do I have to chase after it. I know that it has hold of me forever... Color and I are one. I am a painter". - Paul Klee 

 My Favorite and my Best

  "In the right tonalities, I never met a colour I didn't like". - Iris Apfel (above)

The Selby

"The whole world, as we experience it visually, comes to us through the mystic realm of color". - Hans Hofmann 
Bigprint Little

"Mere colour, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.” - Oscar Wilde
Bright Bazaar

"I became intrigued with colour theory. The absurd pronouncements of the Colour Institute, a group that decides what colours are hot each year or season, amused me". - John Barton 


  1. Always inspiring Louise, great images and quotes. I will endevour to be bolder. Thank you SAx

  2. This has cheered up my Monday no end! Thank you.

  3. The perfect post for a freezing cold mid-Winter day in the Adelaide Hills - thanks Louise!
    Millie ^_^

  4. I'm dying. Not to gush, but this is quite literally my favorite blog post ever written. Matisse, as I've posted, has been my favorite painter since childhood. Picked Klee and Hofmann as subjects for university papers. I loved their work and now realize their theories of color must have been what attracted me. I always say, I'm suspicious of people who profess a dislike for children or color. Thanks for the great cheery post!

  5. Hey Louise! Just stumbled upon your blog and really love your inspiring post and these quotes. The first image really caught my eye, since the designer was not afraid to mix/match the colorful area rugs. Thanks so much for sharing :)

  6. Oh Louise!! I am a quote lover from waaaayyy back.... and a colour lover for just as long. I've always had colour galore in any home I've lived in. Fabulous, fabulous quotes, and great pics to match. Great post!!

    Linda. :)

  7. Lou, this is such a gorgeous post!!

    I especially love the Iris Apfel quote - God, I love her... Along with the Graf art - one of my absolute favourite forms of artistic expression - don't care what anyone says, a dull city wall splashed with a riot of colour and humour always cheers me up (except crappy tags by teenagers who can't spell)!

    I'm looking for a place I can commission a piece of our very own - got any tips? x

  8. Love, love, love this post. Especially the quote from John Barton...

  9. Me and ozzy fucked harder, trying to show to my god!
    FUCK YES!' ahead of cumming inside my warm pussy. were still fucking

    My blog post hcg injections
    my web site > hcg injections


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop