What I loved about last week:
NOTE: Eager as I was to take Deborah's advice and have rename the first little bit "Things that challenged me last week", I have decided to hell with it. Let's just talk about the happy, shiny, fun stuff from now on!
1. So. First Table Tonic giveaway. Was big fun. Speshly for the 2 fair maidens who won - Erika and Di! And thanks for entering everyone!
2. The Bell household is currently in the throes of Sia-fever. Her fifth studio album, We are Born was delivered to my inbox last Friday morning, prompting the 6 year old to ask why we were listening to music at 7.30am. And yesterday afternoon? I caught the 2 year old swaying a shoulder to it. Proud moment. Killer track? This one!
3. Two lovely bits of press in two of my favorite mags this week! Real Living features the Union Jack cushion, and New Zealand's Your Home & Garden features 2 ikat cushions and this mexican suzani bedspread. Will post some pics soon.
4. Sydney is getting fa-rosty! Nights are chilly, and
the skinned rabbit Audrey is (hardly surprisingly) feeling it. She now sleeps inside and I love nothing more than kidnapping her from Jasper's bed at 10.30pm each night and having her warm, bony little body spooning the inside of my knees all night.
5. Jasper got the first (of many) wobbly teeth this week, complete with the drama that accompanies tooth looseness ("But I can't eat apples/play sport... My tooth!"). A glowing school report on Friday managed to take the edge off, and the local pizzeria for dinner it was.
6. Thanks to the (now award-winning*) Jamie Oliver 20-minute Meals iPhone app, we enjoyed this divine Pea, potato and paneer curry (below) for dinner last night. You guys, it only takes, like, 15 minutes to make! Ugh. Yummy.