15 June 2010

"Bit of Everything" Salad (aka lunch)

Once I chucked everything on the plate it looked too good not to take a picture. Plus, the camera was actually charged, for once, so here she is - lunch! And isn't it so true that the healthiest foods are the prettiest? PS Want the recipe? It's beneath the image (warning: It's hideously healthy).


Table Tonic "Bit of Everything" Salad
Handful of torn lettuce
Handful of shredded purple cabbage
4 good dollops of hummous
1/2 tomato
1/2 avocado
1 oven roasted beetroot (tinned will do)
Olive Oil
Lime juice
Salt & pepper
I also added a good handful of toasted pumpkin/sesame seed mix. Yu-um!

Feel free to add or leave out whatever you like. Olives, pickles and/or onion, (and, ooh wait! boiled egg!) would all have been right at home in this salad!

3 comments:

  1. Louise you are calling to my heart here. Avocado is one of my salad faves. Lots of olives for me, too! Thanks for posting. Will xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bеlieved thіs рrovide waѕ the
    ρartiсular sweetest aspect eνеr.


    Taκe a look at mу blog; green smoke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop