22 May 2010

Cool offices: Macquarie Investment Bank

Friend-of-Table-Tonic, Misc. Online recently alerted me to the incredible Sydney offices of Macquarie Bank, courtesy of The Cool Hunter. And hats off to them, I say. Rather love. PS You can read the full post here. PPS Never thought I'd see the words 'Investment Bank" on Table Tonic!

"Macquarie investment bank’s new harbourside office building, One Shelley Street, at King Street Warf in Sydney has been collecting accolades and awards for not only architecture and design but also for environmental sustainability and workplace functionality."

"The main players in the team behind the building are Sydney-based Fitzpatrick & Partners, responsible for the design of the actual building, and West Hollywood’s Clive Wilkinson Architects that led the design team in the interior design and outfitting with Woods Bagot as the local executive architect."

"Macquarie’s 3,000 employees now work in an open and highly flexible space where, for example, in the 10-storey atrium, 26 various kinds of ‘meeting pods’ (below) create a feel of ‘celebration of collaboration’ and contribute to openness and transparency."

All images and text via Coolhunter


  1. oh my, looks at those bankers, would have never guessed!! if you ever see the boring offices some investment banks have in London, well they can certainly learn!!

  2. my bro and sis-in-law work here, and they don't have fixed desks, they just go in every morning and sit wherever. supposed to promote networking but i would find this very unsettling.

  3. oooh - that looks like a happy workplace. my husband worked on the new anz headquarters in melbourne, where the look is similar - one theory, apparently, is that it is meant to be so comfortable and wonderful that the people who work there don't actually want to go home of an evening. looking at these pics, i kinda see the point!

  4. I recently started at Macquarie and absolutely love the office! It does take a bit of getting used to, but now I can't really imagine working the old way.

  5. As we learned with the implosion of the financial sector, no matter how nice the dividends are, you never
    want to put all your eggs in one basket. Sometimes you can tell if a company is headed for trouble if insiders start dumping.
    Not all Share Market Tips of stock are created equally.

    My website ... dolanpurworejo.com

  6. Once you understand your financial position you can decide what you want
    to invest in. Joe cannot offset capital gains with the losses generated by
    the wash sale, further more, the basis of his new investment is adjusted according to IRS rules as
    documented in Publication 550. Finding the best books for beginner investors is
    often challenging.

    Also visit my web blog :: stock trading academy chicago

  7. You make money in the same way with this program as
    you do with Ad - Sense alternatives. Desi - Mates is a Social Networkingwebsite but different from others.
    1) Companies must ensure that their website can be easily indexed in search engines.

    Stop by my website ... internet marketing articles internet marketing
    my website > internet marketing articles pdf

  8. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot

    My blog post ... toshiba laptop charger not working

  9. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it,
    you may be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your
    blog and may come back in the foreseeable future.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great
    job, have a nice weekend!

    Look into my web-site; hi speed usb host controller windows 7 download

  10. I am new to building internet sites and I was wondering if having your blog title related to your
    articles and other content really that vital? I see your title, "Blogger: Table Tonic " does appear to be spot on with what
    your blog is about but, I prefer to keep my title less content descriptive and based more around site branding.

    Would you think this is a good idea or bad idea? Any help would be greatly valued.

    Feel free to surf to my web page - http://www.silivrenstudios.com/ss/issa/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=4371&Itemid=0

  11. Heya are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started
    and create my own. Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    My blog post monthly furnished rentals scottsdale az

  12. I'm new to building web sites and I was wondering if having your website title relevant to your articles and other content really that crucial? I see your title, "Blogger: Table Tonic " does appear to be spot on with what your blog is about however, I prefer to keep my title less content descriptive and based more around site branding. Would you think this is a good idea or bad idea? Any kind of help would be greatly valued.

    Have a look at my homepage: http://www.purevolume.com/hughperry126/posts/1392890/How+The+Wilson+801247+DT+Signal+Boost+Can+Improve+Your+Signal+Strength

  13. Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?

    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    my web site; computer parts kids

  14. Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic but I was
    wondering which blog platform are you using for this
    website? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Feel free to visit my webpage: high tech watches for kids

  15. Hello! My spouse and I often write guest articles for other weblog owners to help increase exposure to our work, as well as provide fantastic content
    to website owners. It truly is a win win situation!
    If you're interested feel free to contact me at: darbystidham@yahoo.de so we may communicate further. Appreciate it!

    Also visit my web site - sam ash

  16. Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot
    of spam remarks? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you
    can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to visit my site large appliance repair []


Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop