10 April 2010

Table Tonic House tour: Mrs Woog + Mr Woog

"Like my figure,  my style has grown and expanded over the years, and currently sits in the genre known as "mish-mash".  Sounds fine with me, Mrs Woog. And it's precisely the reason I came to your gorgeous house last week armed with my camera and some Simmone Logue Beef Bourgignon pies. And two "Caramel Kisses"... PS Read more on Mrs Woog's bit-o-everything style after the house tour. PPS She has a blog. It's funny. It's called Woogsworld.


I am addicted to Art Deco and Danish furniture with the odd bit of colonial cedar thrown in. 
I break out in a rash if I go near a Freedom store but don't mind the occasional Klackenbracken from Ikea. 
I have a moderate to severe love of art, as most of the walls in our home demonstrate. 
Biggest decorating blunder? Investing on some average rugs a few years back, which I am having to live with until an old rich aunt dies somewhere. 
My favorite store is
Vampt Retro Design in Surry Hills (the staff see me coming and plan their next vacation!).

I have an impressive collection of bed linen and once spent $300 on a fitted sheet!  WTF! I am still getting grief about that one.
 My favourite decorating tip is "dumpster diving".  I know the council cleanup dates and can often be found a few metres ahead of the garbage truck. A number of great finds have made their way into our home via these adventures. 
My greatest eBay bargain is my twin Moran tan couches which are like sitting on air.  I can't help but veer towards antiques but worry that my place is going to look a bit "ye olde worlde", so I have compiled a wishlist at Table Tonic to see me back into the land of colour.
Things that make me happy include
fresh flowers from my garden and the hour I have between my cleaner leaving and my two little boys coming though the front door on a Tuesday afternoon."



Oh, and don't forget to visit Mrs Woog's laugh-out-loud (and, you will) blog, Woogsworld.

18 comments:

  1. Inspiring and depressing. Where the hell are all the kids' toys!???

    My own abode's ode to Ikea is now even more pathetic than I knew it was.

    Sighing loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - another person who believes in the colour-coded bookcase. I think we need to form a club. I once had a discussion with a university librarian about this and he just rolled his eyes at me. Go figure.
    -Jordana
    p.s. Great artwork in this home too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny lady. nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, now I covet her sense of humour and her furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So she's funny and funky... I always had my suspicions... love this glimpse... and feeling the pressure to get out the shovel and broom and do a tidy... eeps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous home (and gorgeous lady)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that her bookshelf is colour coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim; I'd assume the kids toys are packed away being that the house had just been cleaned. Or I shall tell myself that whilst I look around my dump (ahem, house) thanks to a certain 2 year old.
    I love the old world look, with the veranda out front and the reading chairs. Ahhh bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing house's with character!
    Mrs Woog has a totally gorgeous little pad, and I just wish I had the time and money to have special little thing's in my house like she and her family doo! *sigh
    We own a small house that was built in the 50's. It has plenty of potential but without the moolah and effort from the man, she's getting nowhere!
    Well, I am going to strive to change that from now on! Garage sales here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So it's possible to be funny and stylish at the same time afterall!!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing house's with character!
    Mrs Woog has a totally gorgeous little pad, and I just wish I had the time and money to have special little thing's in my house like she and her family doo! *sigh
    We own a small house that was built in the 50's. It has plenty of potential but without the moolah and effort from the man, she's getting nowhere!
    Well, I am going to strive to change that from now on! Garage sales here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim; I'd assume the kids toys are packed away being that the house had just been cleaned. Or I shall tell myself that whilst I look around my dump (ahem, house) thanks to a certain 2 year old.
    I love the old world look, with the veranda out front and the reading chairs. Ahhh bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous home (and gorgeous lady)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn, now I covet her sense of humour and her furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am new to building sites and I was wanting to know if having your website title relevant to your articles and other content really that crucial?
    I notice your title, "Blogger: Table Tonic " does seem to be
    spot on with what your blog is about but,
    I prefer to keep my title less content descriptive and based more around site branding.
    Would you think this is a good idea or bad idea? Any kind
    of help would be greatly valued.

    Also visit my web blog: wireless keyboard and mouse for ipad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any tips?

    my web blog fortune high tech marketing news

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say
    I truly enjoy reading through your blog posts.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?

    Thanks!

    my homepage :: free vids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins
    to safeguard against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any suggestions?

    my blog - storify.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop