An excerpt from Australian House & Garden magazine's April 2010 issue:
Hot from the halls of the Maison&Objet Paris trade fair, here's the inside scoop on the latest interior trends, gleaned by Frank Novembre, Managing Director of Domo Collections, and homewares guru Sue Kropp from Domayne.
1. Cushions bearing animal prints, royal crests and flags are on the rise.
2. Notable landmarks from famous cities feature on everything.
3. Ambient lighting, including candles and lanterns, lanterns, lanterns!
4. Animal influences are strong, from hides and furs to stylised motifs.
5. Velvet upholstery is back in fashion - crushed, straight and woven.
6. Containment of everyday objects under glass domes and cloches.
7. Lighting and furniture have taken an industrial turn. Think raw finishes and factory-style pieces.
8. Over-size furniture and accessories - bigger is better and less is more.
9. The grey timbers, ornate furniture, and glimmering chandeliers of French provincial-style interiors are here to stay.
10. Textile patterns are playful with florals and painterly art prints.