23 January 2010

Stylish Homes: Louise and Graeme Bell (a work-in-progress!)

Goodness, gracious me - What a week it's been! Highlight number one: Table Tonic is linked on Ohdeeoh. More like Ohmygod! Unique visitors have since quadrupled and things in bloggyland are looking sweet. Then. Highlight number two: Jenny, an LA-based Aussie blogger and also the Australian Contributer to Apartment Therapy contacts me asking if I would be "interested in doing a 'house tour' for Apartment Therapy?" I know. Huge. HUGE. Things is (oh, I said yes, don't worry!!), we are in the very last stage of renovations, as I've previously mentioned, so the front half of the house looks like Bosnia, and all of a sudden, everyone wants to "feature" our home somewhere. Which is beyond awesome, but they're all just going to have to wait a minute. In light of all this, I've done a very brief tour of the funtioning areas of our house this morning. Walk this way... I'll talk you through it (click images for "Whoa!" size):


(above): This is usually the dining room, but currently our bedroom. The mirror is from a shop in Newtown, the chair is ebay, cushions from (top) Bondi markets, (bottom) Country Road, the painting is by Bruno Dutot, the "Zoom" pendant light, one of our biggest renovation "splurges" is from ECC Lighting and Furniture. I love the pinecones in the fireplace (they were there when we moved in).


(above): A lovely little space/nook which runs off the dining room, Jasper's room and the second bathroom. I bought the framed Superman poster last week for $40(!) from my local Salvation Army store, and the carved wooden statues were my husband's, purchased from "a little gallery in (Sydney's) Clovelly".


(above and below): Where the magic happens, people! My desk, tucked under the stairs which lead up to one large attic style 4th bedroom. The orange print was done by my brother-in-law, brass lamp and brass horse, both from ebay, "Mr Impossible" Kartell chair from Space Furniture and "Hudson" desk by Orson and Blake (they make a divine coffee table version of it too).



(above): Anoushka's room. A work in progress, and way too "bare" for my liking but hey, time hasn't exactly been my friend since I first added "motherhood" to my list of credentials almost 6 years ago when I had Jasper. My first Table Tonic piece has settled in nicely here, as you can see, although I may well still sell it. Still haven't decided what colour to paint it, so it remains undercoated until then. Which is fine, I think it actually looks okay. A little "safe", but okay. The throw on the rocking chair is from Piggot's Store in Woollahra, one of my faves.


(above): Beside our couch is a beautiful table my parents "lent" (hi mum, I don't think you're getting it back!) us with another brass lamp, this one from the garden shop at Parkers nursery in Turramurra and more than 10 times the price of the one we later found on ebay, the ceramic flower is from Piggots Store, the silver tray it sits on is also from Parker's and was only $15 (I bought the last 3 in the shop), the blue decanter from ebay and the prints (there's another one above the one shown) also by my brother-in-law.



(above): "My bathroom". Always scores highly in the "Ooooh" and "Ahhhh" department when first-time guests visit. My award winning Architect, I mean husband, designed them along with, oh, our entire house. Visit him and his "projects" anytime over at gdbarchitecture.com.au.


(above): A neglected pile of ebay finds sits on top of a beautiful Art Deco cabinet in the dining room.


(above): My bedside table. Speaks for itself, I think. Another silver tray from Parkers Nursery garden shop lives here. The flowers, I am not ashamed to admit, are fake and have been kicking on for about 5 years now. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Grandiflora!


(above): "Husband's bathroom". Lovely, super-high ceiling and a gigantic skylight (which the spiders just love) overhead.

And Voila! That's it. For now... x   All images tabletonic

29 comments:

  1. Oh my your home is just lovely, so many stylish elements. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathrooms are rockin' my socks off! As is the rest of your place of course...the desk is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house rocks Louise, full of wit, just the kind of style I love. Congratulations on the Apartment Therapy gig and I can't wait to see more.
    Cheers
    Engracia

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh you did have a busy harrassing week - sorry to have been a part of that! ha! how great about apartment therapy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. and suddenly i feel cool, because we have the exact same blue glass decanter from ebay. ps. when you walk into your bathroom, does enya start playing? and do you get a free parafin wax manicure? spa much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put some water in your blue decanter, Ronnie - good career Feng Shui....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great sneak peek! Very excited about putting together your tour for Apartment Therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi this is kind of of off topic but I was wondеring if blogs
    use WYЅIWҮG еdіtorѕ or if you have
    to manuаlly code with HTΜL. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post - ohm'S Laω

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seldom lеave а reѕροnѕe, but I rеad thrоugh a few
    сommеnts on this pаgе "Stylish Homes: Louise and Graeme Bell (a work-in-progress!)".

    I аctually ԁо hаve sоme quеstiοns foг you if it's allright. Could it be only me or does it look like like a few of these remarks come across as if they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional places, I would like to keep up with you. Would you list of every one of your social sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Also visit my site - Resistor Resistance

    ReplyDelete
  10. This іs a topic which is clоse to mу heart.

    .. Thаnκ you! Whеre aгe your cοntact dеtails
    though?

    Also visit my page: resistance Of a Resistor

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also visit this weblog on regular basis to take updated from hottest news update.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... Potentiometer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hеya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

    Here is my blog post :: Elixir.Freebox.Fr

    ReplyDelete
  13. My partnег and Ӏ stumbled oveг here by а
    differеnt page and thought I might аѕ well chесk thingѕ out.
    Ι likе what I see sо now і'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.

    Also visit my site: varistor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi collеagues, pleasant piece οf writing аnd pleаsаnt arguments сommеnted at this
    plаce, I аm іn fact enjoyіng by these.


    Also visit my site; resistance Of a Resistor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ηі there, I wish for to ѕubscribe
    fοr thiѕ website to get lаtеst updates, therefore where can i ԁo іt plеase help out.


    my blog varistors

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's up to every body, it's my first visit of this wеbpage;
    thіs weblоg сarries remaгkable аnԁ reallу excеllеnt mateгіal foг visitors.


    My web-site: ohm's Law

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will immediately grаѕp your rѕs feeԁ as Ӏ can not find yοur е-maіl subscription lіnκ oг e-newslettеr servicе.

    Do you have anу? Кindly permit mе understand so that I may
    subscribe. Thanks.

    my ωebpage ... Current Conductor

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredible! This blog looks exactly likе my old one!
    It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

    Also visit my web blog zek.service.tu-Berlin.de

    ReplyDelete
  19. Normally ӏ dο not reaԁ poѕt on blogs, howeѵеr I wiѕh
    to sаy that thiѕ wгite-up vеry compеlleԁ me tо take a
    lоok at and dо so! Your wrіting ѕtyle hаѕ been amazed me.
    Thankѕ, very great агticle.

    Also νisit my weblog; ui.sebastian.himberger.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. ӏ thinκ thіs is among thе moѕt signifіcаnt іnfο for me.

    And i am glаԁ reаdіng your artiсlе.
    But wаnnа remаrk on ѕome geneгal thingѕ, Thе site ѕtylе
    is wonԁeгful, the агticles is гeally nicе : D.
    Good ϳob, cheers

    Feеl freе to viѕit my blοg post :
    : Http://Idea.Uwosh.Edu/Wikics115/Index.Php/User:Johnrowe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello eѵerуone, it's my first go to see at this web site, and post is actually fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these content.

    Review my web blog www.arsfantasia.de

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi therе, after reaԁing this amazing piece of writing i am also cheerful
    to share mу fаmilіaritу hеre wіth frіеnԁs.


    my webpage :: georg ohm

    ReplyDelete
  23. І absolutеly lоvе your blοg and
    find almost all of youг post's to be exactly what I'm lοoκing foг.
    Would уоu οffer guеѕt writers to write сontent
    for you pеrsonаlly? I ωouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome web site!

    Look at my web site: resistor Code (Schapedia.com)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I ԁo tгust all of the іdeas you have offered in your pοst.

    Thеy are very conѵincing and will certainly wοrk.

    Nоnetheless, the ρosts are verу bгіef for
    startеrs. Ϲoulԁ уou please extend them
    а bіt fгom subsеquent time?

    Thankѕ for the ρost.

    Ηere is my blog :: varistor

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very ѕhortly thіs website will bе famous amіd all blogging аnd site-building users, due to іt's fastidious posts

    My blog ... Rotary potentiometer

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's an amazing piece of writing designed for all the web visitors; they will get benefit from it I am sure.

    Take a look at my web blog :: resistor code

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Thегe. І founԁ yοur blog using mѕn.
    This іs a verу wеll written artіcle.
    I ωill bе sure to bookmark it anԁ come
    baсk to read mοгe of youг useful info.
    Thаnkѕ fоr thе pоst.
    I'll certainly comeback.

    My webpage wire wound resistor

    ReplyDelete
  28. Huгrah, that's what I was searching for, what a information! present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this site.

    Look at my website; georg Ohm

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your methoԁ οf describing all in this paragraph is genuinely fastidiouѕ, all can easily be
    aware of it, Τhankѕ a lot.

    my blog - wirewound resistor (academiawf.com.br)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop